Monetizing Music Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

keynes

May 17, 2008
stL
I have a high traffic music that gets the majority of its traffic from SEO (mostly Google.) Has anyone had any success with monetizing music traffic (specially, hip hop)? The obvious sources of ads (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) don't always convert well - ideas?

Thanks

I have a high traffic music that gets the majority of its traffic from SEO (mostly Google.) Has anyone had any success with monetizing music traffic (specially, hip hop)? The obvious sources of ads (iTunes, Amazon, etc.) don't always convert well - ideas?

Thanks

Sure, setup your own channel on Live365, charge advertisers you seek out to insert audio ads in between each song. Just take their text blurb and get the DJ (probably you) to read it out loud. I don't know what kind of media player is required, but it is possible with Flash to stream the audio while you scroll through ads like a slide show during the music, or between songs when the DJ is talking.

Theres a ton of ways. I run a few music sites. Sent you a pm perhaps we can help each other out.

ringtones is so blatantly obvious here. PUT UP SOME RINGTONE ADS - MAKE PROFIT!!!

I believe Yahoo has a free music trial. There a bunch of other companies who offer free music trials too. And duh ringtones of course.

Under each song put "Want this song as a Ringtone?" or "Get Ringtone"

I did some ads like that on project playlist a while back until they stopped my ads and did it themselves... Probably how they could afford the Playlist.com domain they moved over to.

Plus the hip hop demographic is probably going to convert like... Crazy. ;) If you tie it into your site (IE get an API) then you'll make a LOT more too.

Status
Not open for further replies.