Monetizing a Google typo domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juicify

Jul 22, 2006
Europe
you.se
So there is a google typo domain avaliable with about 100 type-ins a day that I found and gonna buy soon, anyway.
How to monetize it? Here are my ideas:

- Making a google clone, using adsense for search, or building a custom google search engine with adsense. None if this would be allowed by google though.

- Parking it, using a search template.

- Building a custom search engine some other way. With or without only ads as results. Ads on the top and side anyway. Adsense or something else.

- Parking it using a default template.

- Make a MFA page for it.

- Make a page filled with affiliate offers.

Which do you think is the best way? Do you have any other idea maybe?

I don't think google allows adsense on any domains related to google itself or adsense.I might be wrong though.

I would do the page filled with affiliate offers. do a "Free Stuff" type of page, and have links in categories for all kinds of different email submits, ect.

That is what I ment by a custom google search engine, yes.

buy the domain now sheesh. are you that hard pressed for cash? you want it to slip away?

I'm waiting for this month's overture reports, avaliable tomorrow I guess? to see if the data is real or not. If the domain hasnt been bought yet, why would it anytime soon?

kekc said:
Make a google clone and put e.g. revenuepilot XML feeds on it.
You can use this script: Free RevenuePilot Search Engine Script - 100% template based so easy to implement.

Thanks! will try.
Do you know if it has ads for international traffic?
EDIT: OK so i found it myself.
Q: What countries’ traffic do you accept?
A: We only pay for traffic coming from the US, UK, Canada and Australia.

Don't hang around waiting for the domain to be bought up by someone
else. You stumbled across it, so there's a good chance other people
will discover it too.

I'd build an ad feed search engine too. Give it a front page that looks a
bit like Google. Not too much though :)

hm, if it gets 100 type-ins in the search engine i think it will probably have way more typeins in the address bar.. good luck with it.

make a google co-op.... and don't add any sites to the list.

The ad results will always be relevant to the searched terms - and it will only return ads :)

add a non-existant site. like ajdfjdljafkldjfkjadfjaoij.com or something - it worked for me and I have a very high CTR on that site... too bad not too much traffic.

I have had a very similar idea for a while. I happen to own 2 closely related (sort of) Google type in domains, and plan to set them up soon. I'm 99.9% sure Google won't be too happy about it though :)

Of course they wont be happy :( . Maybe I will iframe it so google dont know where the search traffic is coming from, or I redirect it to another co-op SE which is legit. Or I just do it some other way.

i wonder if gogvle.com is a good one ;/

Not according to overture anyway.

Dude. Sell it to me right now for 10x what you bought it for. I have major xml search distribution partnerships.

Status
Not open for further replies.