Monetising Celebrity Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

xentech

NFLol.
Aug 12, 2008
Great Britain
I'm trying to think of good ways I can monetise celeb traffic..

Take 'Britney Spears' for example, some people searching are going to be horny men, some are going to be little girls and some are going to be women looking for gossip. I guess it would vary per celebrity but what do you think would be best in that case?

I was thinking 'Britney Spears IQ Test' to target the younger demographic but I'm not so sure, have no experience with celebrity traffic but I think I've come up with a way to get a lot of it for free...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! ;)

With an email submit? I suppose that would catch some retard adults as well as the younger market.

Yup, people love giving feedback in general. It can work. iFrame that bitch and be more create like 'Will Michael Jackson Stop Touching Boys?' 'Is Michael Still at The Ranch?' 'Does Nicole Richie need 2LBS?' etc.

you can try polls but if the demographic is too young then the zip and e-mails will scrub. If you're running on adwords and direct it to a ringtone google will slap you, but you can test it out.

you can try polls but if the demographic is too young then the zip and e-mails will scrub. If you're running on adwords and direct it to a ringtone google will slap you, but you can test it out.

I'm just gonna go with IQ offers to begin with I think, already made a script to easily add new celebs etc. It will be organic traffic...

I'm just gonna go with IQ offers to begin with I think, already made a script to easily add new celebs etc. It will be organic traffic...

I've got a shitton of this traffic and have yet to monetize it well. The best advice I can give you is to sniff the keyword from the search term and find out the user's intent from the keywords the visitor used.

For instance ... if someone is searching for "britney spears nipple slip", you know to push your smut on them while "britney spears handbag" is an obvious woman looking for some new prada.

The process is much simpler than it appears. Just round up arrays of words that distinguish adult, child, woman, etc visitors and hit them with the ad that matches.

PLEASE let me know if something works well for you, I feel like I'm leaving a lot of money on the table in this niche.

Agree, some excellent mobile Trivia offers out there that will convert on this type of traffic.

yea you should test a bunch of different stuff. You'd be surprised at what makes money.

If you find that your audience is mainly stay at home moms or women with credit cards, then 1 flat stomach rule tends to do really well. Teens would be mobile.

But as Erect said above, if you got a bunch of horny dudes visiting your site then it's time to break out the fleshlights and pocket pussies.

It'll be people searching for 'celebrity name' only pretty much, so yeh I'll go with IQ my conversions may be quite low because of the horny guys but I reckon it's probrably the best way. I'll try a bunch of shit if that doesn't work, I think celebrity names like 'Zac Efron' should work better with IQ because it will be 90% young girls.

I've got a shitton of this traffic and have yet to monetize it well. The best advice I can give you is to sniff the keyword from the search term and find out the user's intent from the keywords the visitor used.

For instance ... if someone is searching for "britney spears nipple slip", you know to push your smut on them while "britney spears handbag" is an obvious woman looking for some new prada.

The process is much simpler than it appears. Just round up arrays of words that distinguish adult, child, woman, etc visitors and hit them with the ad that matches.

PLEASE let me know if something works well for you, I feel like I'm leaving a lot of money on the table in this niche.

You may wanna go on GFY.com and ask there, bunch of people make shitloads off celebrity blogs on there so it's your best bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.