Microsoft Exchange, recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmonkey

Oct 26, 2008
Long Beach
I'm using Thunderbird atm and before that, i was using Outlook so i'd say i have got the feeling of how Outlook works etc...

The problem is, thunderbird sometimes gets buggy and the tasks, calender i can't sync and read/edit(google's calender doesn't allow to edit tasks) so it kinds of annoying setting up everything seperately.

Just now i thought of Microsoft Exchange and Outlook web access. Is it really easier and much more simplier than using Google and Thunderbird? What is your review?

Now i'm using:

• 5 gmail accounts,
  • Windows, linux and soon will get a mac
  • Calender and task with Thunderbird(i want to sync and edit/view both with other PC)
  • I spend ~2-3 hours/day using internet in my school PC lab, so it'll be easier if having something like ME or Zimbra
  • I don't usually carry laptop, too havy
Also, which hosting are you using for ME?

I love Exchange and always have access to all of my contacts, emails and events. Sorry can't give any reccomendations for your country but there are probably tons of services :) Just check the links above.

Hosted Exchange/Zimbra would be the best choices for what you're looking to do. In terms of using Thunderbird and Google Calendar, just set things as calendar events instead of tasks, and just treat them the same way. I use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/4631 for accessing Google Calendar in my Thunderbird right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.