Microsoft AdCenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjonathan

Amped Media Inc.
Aug 27, 2007
Florida
www.ampedmedia.com
Alright, I have been playing around with Microsoft AdCenter... I know they only boast 8% of the Search Market, but I was still going to push my PPC campaigns out to their engine.

They have this Quality Score method that is a weird copy of AdWords. I cant seem to get a single Campaign live on their system.

I have called them up, thinking the lack of traffic was simply a problem with my account, but they say its my pages. I have seen shady marketing pages listed on AdCenter search so I know that my pages SHOULD be listed.

Anyone have any Tips or Tricks that could help me get some pages live?

considering they drive virtually no traffic to begin with you would think they would lax their QS a little.

I must have gotten lucky, because the Adcenter CSR I got on the phone was great. I had gotten a lot of keywords disabled and the big tip from her was just to make sure the word was on the page I was pointing to.

I find that, while traffic is low, MSN is my most profitable PPC SE. Yahoo gives me more traffic, but it's like riding a wild horse in fluctuating traffic quality.

And with my main niche, it's hard to profit on google at all with PPC though of course, I've been told that others clean up.

But that's me.

I must have gotten lucky, because the Adcenter CSR I got on the phone was great. I had gotten a lot of keywords disabled and the big tip from her was just to make sure the word was on the page I was pointing to.

I find that, while traffic is low, MSN is my most profitable PPC SE. Yahoo gives me more traffic, but it's like riding a wild horse in fluctuating traffic quality.

And with my main niche, it's hard to profit on google at all with PPC though of course, I've been told that others clean up.

But that's me.

Yea, I got the same information from the person on the phone too... The thing is though, all my keywords and Ads are Active! But, they do not receive any impressions. I know they are popular searches... I guess ill just keep playin with it... Thanks!

I've had more bizarre problems with them than ever with Google or YSM. I've written a post on here before somewhere, but basically their software seems to be a bit buggy still and their reps don't exactly own up to it so you can end up with some showstopping problems that no one can explain and no one will fix.

I ended up re-routing a relatively sizeable daily budget to a brand new account for a client because they refused to fix an existing one. The new account was basically the same, but for some reason it worked while the other didn't. They couldn't explain why. I find their back end pretty annoying to work with too, but it's not horrid, just kind of lacking. Basically if I could burn a bag of poop on their doorstep I would, but they're still worth using in the niches I've used them in with clients because they get a good conversion rate at a lower price. The numbers are smaller, but they're still worth pursuing.

Well I tried to adjust adcenter bids yesterday to some amount between $1 and $3, and I got the error message that I needed to set my bids between a campaign budget of $238 and something like $73,500 .

.. ok? I am scared.

I feel the same way. I am a noob and I have not had any good result from adcenter at all. I keep raising my bids and I still don't have the impressions to show for it. If I don't get any tonight I will call them tomorrow.

This was their reply to my issue.

Jonathan,

I am writing to you today to give you a clear understanding of what has been happening to your ads, and why they have not been displaying correctly.

Microsoft adCenter is constantly improving relevance, ad quality, and landing page quality to make sure that ads deliver maximum benefits to Live Search users. Microsoft adCenter is reinforcing its focus on quality by implementing Quality-Based Ranking (QBR). QBR offers the following improvements to editorial relevance checks:
• Assessing the quality of the ad content and of the landing page based on the user's likely intent
• Assessing whether keywords are significantly relevant to the products and to the content on the landing page
• Assessing the overall experience and the content that is presented to the user to determine whether there is enough significant content to satisfy the user's query
• Assessing the extent of duplicate content in overall search results and limiting duplicate content when it reduces the quality of the user experience.

Advertisers impact:
• Advertisers whose ads do not match up well with these efforts may experience a decrease in rank or traffic.
• These improvements will have the biggest effect on the following kinds of sites:
• Link farms (sites that have a series of links for other advertisers)
• Sites that do not link directly to the product that is advertised
• Search aggregators
• "Spam" sites that offer "free" things to visitors but require the user to take complex, revenue-generating steps in exchange

What can you do?
• Assess the content of the ad and the landing page in relation to the user's likely intent.
• Assess the keywords that you select in relation to the landing page content. Keywords should be significantly relevant to the landing page and to the user's query.
• Make sure that there is substantive content on the landing page to fulfill the user's query.
• Make sure that landing page directly provides the product or the service that is being offered.

I think i might just try a new acct... Seems like they "Slap" an account. WHAT? BABY GOOGLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.