Mercury Tooth Fillings

Status
Not open for further replies.

I heard if you drink soft drinks it will slowly dissolve the tooth and give you mercury poisoning.

POISON.

I am getting rid of all mercury fillings on my teeth and change them with composites.

That plus I stop drinking pre-processed drinks (soft drinks, processed fruit juices, etc) and stop eating fried foods. I try to eat organic 100% of the time. And if I can, I'd try to eat raw 100% which is impossible IMHO.

Weston Price noted the strong facial features, superb physiques and exquisite skin of the Native American untouched by Western diets. These folks have no tooth brush or floss but they have no tooth decay.

I had a few of them when I was a kid/teenager. When I was in the Marine Corp. a Navy dentist decided to take a couple of them out of my back teeth.

I had problems with those teeth for years afterwards. (They seem to be OK these days though.)

All I know is that my teeth felt fine with the silver fillings in and they became a problem after they were replaced. Whether it was the material or the dentist's technique I do not know for certain.

Other than that, I've always been healthy. So, I don't know of any side effects other than the silver fillings I still have turning my teeth trays a little gray after a whitening session.

Sincerely,

MT

P.S. Here's a little info that might explain why my back teeth gave me problems afterwards and the continued use of silver from here: ADA.org: Oral Health Topics: Dental Filling Option: Amalgam (Mercury) Fillings, Composite (White) Fillings

Thanks to advances in modern dental materials and techniques, dentists have more ways to create pleasing, natural-looking smiles. Dental researchers are continuing their often decades-long work developing materials, such as ceramics and polymer compounds that look more like natural teeth. As a result, dentists and patients today have several choices when it comes to selecting materials to repair missing, worn, damaged or decayed teeth.
These new materials have not eliminated the usefulness of more traditional dental materials, such as gold, base metal alloys and dental amalgam. That’s because the strength and durability of traditional dental materials continue to make them useful for situations, such as fillings in the back teeth where chewing forces are greatest.

I had mine taken out about 10 years ago and replaced with the clear fillings. Not because they were dangerous but because they were ugly as hell.

I also quit smoking because I didn't want to look 80 when I was 40.

Who knew vanity would save my ass?

composites only last half as long as amalgam (mercury) fillings, i just had 3 replaced from about 7 years ago because i got cavities in the same teeth again. amalgam fillings should last a good 20 years at least. Still i would rather have composites replaced again and again than have an amalgam filling. I didnt go to the dentist since i had those fillings 7 years ago until about 2 months ago, and it was revealed i had a 'very deep' cavity in one of my teeth which i had no idea was there.

The dentist said he wouldn't know if he could fix the tooth until he started drilling in and could see how deep the cavity went. It was all good, it wasn't at the nerve yet (which would mean a root canal would be needed). For that tooth he gave me a glass ionomer filling which is designed to release fluoride and help the tooth harden up again from the inside, that one will only last for about a year then it will have to be replaced with a normal filling, which he said would probably need to be amalgam because a composite wouldn't be strong enough to prevent the tooth from cracking if I bite on something hard. I'm thinking of telling him to just put a composite and i'll avoid biting on that side and take the risk, i've avoided it for about 6 months with this glass ionomer filling so far.

By the way removal of amalgam fillings can be quite a dangerous procedure if you're inhaling and swallowing the dust thats drilled out. Could be worse than just leaving them in... but whatever makes you feel better.

That sounds like bullshit to me, a cavity is bacteria eating their way through a hole in the outer layer of your tooth and it will just keep going until it reaches the nerve and thats when you get a toothache, by that stage you need a root canal. I really don't think a diet change is going to stop that and fill in the hole. The hole is filled with food particles too, do they somehow get pushed out? That's the reason dentists drill into the tooth.. to drill out the bacteria rotted mushy part, how is a diet change going to reverse that? it could heal itself IF it wasn't yet through the outer enamel, but once its in the dentine your fucked until you get it drilled out. It's like rust on a car, you gotta remove the rotten parts. Don't believe this shit you will just end up having to get a root canal because it never stopped even though you thought it was fixing itself. I mean how would you know that it is healing itself? the only way is with xrays.

All these old cultures people bring up that don't have problems with cavities.. its because they're not snacking on food all day like western society. If you snack with your 3 main meals you wont get any cavities, your teeth can handle that because it gives them time to remineralise. If you are snacking all day you mess up the remineralisation\decay balance and thats when you get cavities.

That sounds like bullshit to me,

kindly direct your attention to the shorter blurbs below, also recommended is actually reading the article there.

What about humans? Drs. Mellanby set out to see if they could use their dietary principles to cure tooth decay that was already established. They divided 62 children with cavities into three different diet groups for 6 months. Group 1 ate their normal diet plus oatmeal (rich in phytic acid). Group 2 ate their normal diet plus vitamin D. Group 3 ate a grain-free diet and took vitamin D.

cavities_in_dietary_groups%282%29.png

In group 1, oatmeal prevented healing and encouraged new cavities, presumably due to its ability to prevent mineral absorption. In group 2, simply adding vitamin D to the diet caused most cavities to heal and fewer to form. The most striking effect was in group 3, the group eating a grain-free diet plus vitamin D, in which nearly all cavities healed and very few new cavities developed.

also:

Dr. Price provides before and after X-rays showing re-calcification of cavity-ridden teeth
whatever your past experience with dental hoodoo, dude's a doctoral candidate writing about a couple not-played-on-TV doctors who rediscovered that, given the proper nutrition, the human body can do awesome shit. like regrow teeth. you can do it with stem cells too, but that's new and different.

these guys are actually doing science here. and how could you not trust a face like that?
it's definitely worth more than a quick skim -- read and reflect and research and report back.

and for the record, fillings are the devil's work and dentists are gangsters.
makin a mint gettin medieval on your mouth since 1888.

was told by my doc that in the process of removing the mercury fillings the mercury slips into the brain easier than if it were to act as a slow drip iv on your tooth. He said its not the best idea to take them out - damage is already done

Did a 3 week detox at Atsumi last year. Part of the process was bathing your feet in a tub of water that had an ionizer running a current through it. It's supposed to pull out toxins etc.
After 30 minutes the water had turned a dark skanky brown with the surface covered in small black flakes that looked like ash. Was told this was heavy metals coming out of the body. Said this always happens if you've had amalgam fillings, which I had had for years before replacing with composites. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.