Merchants Squeezing Affiliates Out of Competetive PPC Verticals

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldog

Mar 15, 2007
You noticed that? Their payout is obviously 2-3-4++ times what we get and they can just outbid us running circles around us. Feel me? Saw it?

Well either way it's their gain.
Well if they would have made more money advertising themselves then it's their loss. I have a feeling that's the main reason alot of these offer get yanked from the network, the marketing guys look at their stats and see that their net gain from the offer is negative because of affiliates taking away business and so they cancel.

So I take it, this hasn't hurt any of you, it doesn't impact you, you don't notice the trend, and all of this is too obvious to you, Einsteins?

Re:

Affiliate Marketing is always changing... it is important for serious affiliates to keep changing with the times. There are always more innovative methods than traditional PPC.
Think outside the box...:xomunch:

Listen.. PPC is where it's at. Most super affiliates are pure PPC. 80% of Internet traffic originates from search. PPC lets you be on page 1 of results. If you're squeezed out of that - you're fucked. OK? You're left to pick up the crumbs with other crap.

If you're squeezed out of that - you're fucked. OK? You're left to pick up the crumbs with other crap.

Hmmmm... pretty sure that's a load of newb crap, dipshit

Get creative, there are faster, better and easier ways to drive traffic that converts well than just using PPC

You should be making money from several different methods in case one of them takes a turn for the worse...

If you are promoting XYZ Home Mortgage and you are bidding on "XYZ Home Mortgage" then you deserve to be outbid by the parent company who probably has a daily budget bigger than what you are making in a year

If you are promoting XYZ Home Mortgage and you are bidding on "XYZ Home Mortgage" then you deserve to be outbid by the parent company who probably has a daily budget bigger than what you are making in a year

Absolutely! PPC is great, but you have to be creative - obviously don't bid on stupidly high competition generic keywords.

As for merchants being competitive, err...yeah...this is business - you'd do the same in their position! However, there's still plenty of profitable keyword real estate available for most niches if you're prepared to work at it.

"squeezed out of page 1 results and you're fucked" - way too vague, this is totally dependent on the keyword (is it a converter, volume, competition, etc). Not bothered if I get squeezed out of page 1 for "mortgage" - a click probably costs more than the revenue generated by a conversion and lots of browsers/information seekers/bad traffic!

No dumbass, you're bidding on "fixed rate mortgage arizona" and there's 10 fucking merchants bidding on that and every other mortgage term.

use it against them. write some bid management software or something if you have to. go surfin

No dumbass, you're bidding on "fixed rate mortgage arizona" and there's 10 fucking merchants bidding on that and every other mortgage term.

sounds like somebody can't play with the big boys and is bitching...

i bet they are bidding on that and those terms because they make money

if you want a low competition keyword go bid on [used vagina stretcher]

Merchants barring affiliates from advertising on their trademark terms is AM 101. Your job as an affiliate is to work around that and pick up the slack they leave behind.

I dunno if this is what the OP is talking about though. Maybe he's saying that the merchant is barring all PPC advertising, which I agree, is retarded.

Yea, you're retarded. This is what I wrote two posts above but you couldn't comprehend it because you're retarded:

"No dumbass, you're bidding on "fixed rate mortgage arizona" and there's 10 fucking merchants bidding on that and every other mortgage term."

Merchants barring affiliates from advertising on their trademark terms is AM 101. Your job as an affiliate is to work around that and pick up the slack they leave behind.

I dunno if this is what the OP is talking about though. Maybe he's saying that the merchant is barring all PPC advertising, which I agree, is retarded.

use it against them. write some bid management software or something if you have to. go surfin

what? why do people spit out some random one liners? maybe that's why this board is full of fucking posers.

Status
Not open for further replies.