Merchant accounts w/ beginning rates of 2.9% or lower

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
I'm about to go live with a new straight sale membership site and I'll be starting off with Paypal payments pro, but I want to have a back up in place if Paypal decides to freeze my account.

Here's what I need:

1. Seamless integration into my site's design. All processing needs to run in the background. No design changes or taking the customer to a new page.

2. Beginning rates of 2.9% or lower.

3. Membership site and ecommerce store friendly.

Thanks.

mbpiz - it really all depends on what you are selling, how long you have been in business, what your average transaction is, and what your average weekly transactions are. (also a "high" number and a few other factors of course)

there are tons of different merchants out there that can help you, most of them use authorize.net as a platform (everyone from the big banks to the high risk merchants) which is easily integrated into any situation, and is pretty much used by at least 50% of eCommerce sites out there today, in the US anyway.

i would never rely on paypal as a primary merchant provider for a business, they are too temperamental.

really what you are going to need to get past is your type of sale. if you are slangin berry rebills then you will probably need to go high risk (they will hold a good chunk of your revenue until you are free from charge backs). if you are doing a more trustworthy sale, like selling tshirts - you will have no problem at all.

i run and manage several solutions, so ive made a bunch of relationships with merchant providers - I can point you in the right direction for pretty much any situation you are in.

mbpiz - it really all depends on what you are selling, how long you have been in business, what your average transaction is, and what your average weekly transactions are. (also a "high" number and a few other factors of course)

there are tons of different merchants out there that can help you, most of them use authorize.net as a platform (everyone from the big banks to the high risk merchants) which is easily integrated into any situation, and is pretty much used by at least 50% of eCommerce sites out there today, in the US anyway.

i would never rely on paypal as a primary merchant provider for a business, they are too temperamental.

really what you are going to need to get past is your type of sale. if you are slangin berry rebills then you will probably need to go high risk (they will hold a good chunk of your revenue until you are free from charge backs). if you are doing a more trustworthy sale, like selling tshirts - you will have no problem at all.

i run and manage several solutions, so ive made a bunch of relationships with merchant providers - I can point you in the right direction for pretty much any situation you are in.

Just sent you a PM.

How temperamental is stripe when it comes to chargebacks? Are they pretty much easy going as long as your ratio is below 1%?

I don't like authorize.net personally. If a bank lets me choose my own gateway, I stick with nmi.com. My CRM lets me load balance multiple gateways though, so even if I am forced to use stripe's gateway for example, I can still continue to use my favorite gateway for dedicated merchant accounts.

Also is stripe an aggregator like Paypal Website Payments Pro?

Fucking hell. An actual thread where useful information has been posted. I'm impressed.

I've heard good things about stripe, and they can be worked seamlessly into many designs. If you handle chargebacks quickly and effectively, I believe they are pretty reasonable.