Men's Team USA Hockey announced today

Sharksfan

May 28, 2009
WI
This was announced today - I'm excited to see the Olympics.

My nephew is playing for Team USA :) I've no tolerance for crowds and never planned on going to Vancouver - but I'm sure looking forward to watching.

Team Canada is going to be very strong this year - the top line in the NHL (Thornton/Heatley/Marleau) all made Team Canada and all play together already. That's going to be hard to beat.

Full Roster for Team USA:

Forwards
David Backes (St. Louis Blues)
Dustin Brown (Los Angeles Kings)
Ryan Callahan (New York Rangers)
Chris Drury (New York Rangers)
Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks)
Ryan Kesler (Vancouver Canucks)
Phil Kessel (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Jamie Langenbrunner (New Jersey Devils)
Ryan Malone (Tampa Bay Lightning)
Zach Parise (New Jersey Devils)
Joe Pavelski (San Jose Sharks)
Bobby Ryan (Anaheim Ducks)
Paul Stastny (Colorado Avalanche)

Defensemen
Erik Johnson (St. Louis Blues)
Jack Johnson (Los Angeles Kings)
Mike Komisarek (Toronto Maple Leafs)
Paul Martin (New Jersey Devils)
Brooks Orpik (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Brian Rafalski (Detroit Red Wings)
Ryan Suter (Nashville Predators)

Goaltenders
Ryan Miller (Buffalo Sabres)
Jonathan Quick (Los Angeles Kings)
Tim Thomas (Boston Bruins)

Canada definitely has the strongest team, but that hasn't stopped us from losing in the past.
It will be fun as always to watch.

Canada has lots of experience and quite a few captains. The only way Canada will lose is if the nerves get to them.

Not to thread hijack but did anyone watch the juniors game yesterday? Jake [the goaltender] is from my home town, we've partied before, but Jesus those guys should have lost. Very unimpressed.

redwings0921 where on LBI are you?

canana has by far the most talent, followed by russia, and you might even be able to put sweden above usa, but I think usa has the best "best" and will be able to pull something off..at least a medal.

redwings0921 where on LBI are you?

canana has by far the most talent, followed by russia, and you might even be able to put sweden above usa, but I think usa has the best "best" and will be able to pull something off..at least a medal.

beach haven west in the summer. work in beach haven though

Your nephews on the Olympic team!? or did i miss some sarcasm

No - my nephew is playing for Team USA. Funny thing considering I'm only 11 years older than him. There's a big swing in age between his mom and my wife (his mom's sister) - 14 years.

I'll send you a PM.

Callahan is actually from my city and went to Hilton High School, which is about 10 minutes from where I live.... Pretty weet.