Medical Leads

johnt

Aug 19, 2010
Would anybody care to comment on selling medical leads? I have some dormant landing pages starting to generate some leads for medical (plastic surgery, etc) and I'm going to start reaching out to offices to buy these leads.

Before I do, was curious on what laws exist regarding selling leads to doctors and anything else I should watch out for. Any experience is helpful, thanks.

cool, thx. I'm still looking on some of the legal parameters as I don't want to invest in this and find out months later I'm out of compliance.

For example, can I setup a branded web site, take consumer info, and literally sell it to clinics, doctors, etc? (Yes this is disclosed in our TOS).

Did the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) shut down any of this?

To me it seems this industry isn't tapped into the leadgen market but I'm seeing an increase of consumers on my sites for medical services.

Every buyer is going to be different. Can you share the fields you've been collecting. What type of privacy policy/disclaimers do you have?

There have been some discussions on slanging medical leads. Just use the search function.

I don't know enough but I'm pretty sure selling leads to doctors, plastic surgeons, etc. is either illegal or in a grey area.

There have been some discussions on slanging medical leads. Just use the search function.

I don't know enough but I'm pretty sure selling leads to doctors, plastic surgeons, etc. is either illegal or in a grey area.

yeah, I don't think you can sell leads to physicians. I know one physician can't charge another for their referrals. gift giving is usually done though. I know my wife has received some pretty nice Christmas gifts from other physicians that she refers patients to.

What you might be able to do is charge a set monthly fee for sending them patients, just call it a marketing fee or something. You would have to demonstrate that you could get them patients though.

What ZocDoc does is charge $250/month and gives patients the ability to make an appointment online on their site. Works pretty well.

What you might be able to do is charge a set monthly fee for sending them patients, just call it a marketing fee or something. You would have to demonstrate that you could get them patients though.

In one of the threads someone describes what people are calling/labeling it to be able to get away with it.

thanks for all the info on this guys. based on this i'll just sell the domain/brand to the interested buyer and be done with it. plenty of other industries where you can sell leads. thanks.

The doctors I could hook you up with require the patients to be on medicare or some other form of assistance. This is not flexible and everything would be done off the books so dont worry about the laws these doctors are very familiar with them and will pay you $1000 cash for every qualified lead that turns into a patient.

why don't you visit medicaldepatmentstore it was very helpful during my mothers illness and i hope it will not let u down