MCWD.com (Chinese buyers)

85VicWagonGuy

Feb 12, 2009
Boston, MA
I've owned this domain for 20 years. Over the past 3 years, Chinese buyers have emailed approx. 10 offers to buy it for $1000-$1700.

To maximize price, should I use a US broker or post the domain for sale on a Chinese exchange?

Thanks.

Since Chinese buyers have shown interest to buy it, I'd suggest you should put it up for sale on a chinese exchange.

But If I were you, I'd keep the domain name for more offers. xxxx.com are almost non-existential now

You actually missed the top prices by 5 months or so. At the moment chinese premium 4L are declining in prices so I suggest that you wait a bit more before selling...

If you haven't sold the domain yet (and still want to) you can use Escrow.com to conduct the transaction. Just sold a domain to a non-profit organization... they let their main domain expire and we bought it at auction. They then contacted us via a domain broker and we used the escrow site to do the transaction. Hope that can help.

PS. I've gotten those emails too for the 4 letter domains we own and they all seem to disappear once I respond to them. Did/do you have a different experience?