Managed Dedicated Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeiouy

Sep 5, 2006
I am in the market for a managed dedicated server. If anyone has any recommendations, it would be appreciated.

rackspace.com - hope your wallet is big enough though :)

wiredtree.com is very good as well, and cheaper..

servint.com too.

I use powerVPS. They have a really cool product that is a VPS on a dedicated server. It's not advertised on their site, but you can ask them about it.

The cool thing about having your server run under Virtuozzo is if something dies, they can restore the whole thing to a completely new system. You can also reload the OS, then put back all the sites.

I am in the market for a managed dedicated server. If anyone has any recommendations, it would be appreciated.

Hello aeiouy. There are many hosting companies which offer dedicated hosting with best services. It depends on you to whom you select. Hope you choose the best among them.

No way... the best hosting company for that type of stuff is BY FAR...

The Planet

Check it out.

And let me know if you decide to sign up.. I want a month free or whatever they offer for referrals...

Thanks.

arrow-down-circle.jpg

I'm not a big guy for self promotion, but in this case I would definitely like to toot my own horn a little since I'm new to this forum. I host a number of high traffic marketing blogs, buzzworthy startups and design firms that require managed hosting due to the shear volume of traffic and intensity of their applications. One client you all may be familiar with is SEOBlackhat owned by Quadszilla. Jon of WickedFire is familiar with my services and I just wanted to let people know that this is my company's area of specialty. I'm positive you'll be hearing more from me over the next coming weeks as I increasingly become more involved with this "wicked", :), community. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me.

ditto servstar I have 2 servers with them. Also softlayer.com offer great servers but unsupported, I have a server with them and pay serverwizards.com $75 for managing it.
I have tried a few hosts and have no problems with servstra - have been there for over 2 years

What about httpme they seem to have some good deals and all their servers include total server management.

One thing for sure, make sure you have included some kind of backup service unless you got copies of everything on your home pc. If you are going to have customers on that box you know if it crashes most of your customers will leave. Seen it happen to lots of small host who did not take things seriously enough and were not prepared. After the crash they were pretty much out of business.

###

learn to manage your own server..beleive me if you want to make it big in this industry, you need to learn everything about server optimization, ect.

If you go for Big companies they charge you additional for management so go for companies which give managed hosting like Micfo.com

I'm looking to upgrade to managed dedicated hosting as well. I really don't want to learn what it takes to run my own server, nor do i have the patience for it. Is that what the "managed" part of dedicated hosting means?

How does a 50$ a month dedicated virtual hosting package from say mediatemple compare to rackspace or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.