Make sure to triple check your LPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesH

Jun 25, 2006
So I was looking over one of my LPs wondering why after I sent all of this expensive traffic I only got a few conversions, and why my QS was shit. Well for one I found a link that wasn't cloaked, so that probably affected my QS. And for two, my main call to action wasn't linked, just an <a href="#">. These are all stupid ass mistakes and I have no idea how I made them.

Anybody lose a lot of money over a stupid ass mistake? I know some of you guys fuck up in Adwords putting the decimal for CPC in the wrong place.

So I was looking over one of my LPs wondering why after I sent all of this expensive traffic I only got a few conversions, and why my QS was shit. Well for one I found a link that wasn't cloaked, so that probably affected my QS. And for two, my main call to action wasn't linked, just an <a href="#">. These are all stupid ass mistakes and I have no idea how I made them.

Anybody lose a lot of money over a stupid ass mistake? I know some of you guys fuck up in Adwords putting the decimal for CPC in the wrong place.

not really

i usually make sure my main call-to-action button works correctly before firing a few thousand clicks at the lp

fail-owned-truck-delivery-fail.jpg

Yeah I've got one. I had a new LP that I could use easily for multiple offers I was promoting, and I had a feeling it was going to do really well.
I checked it on different resolutions, firefox, internet explorer, and all was well. So I modded it and substituted it into what was at the time 3 of my biggest campaigns. Now after doing this I added the prosper202 javascript.

Well, apparently Internet Explorer flips it's shit if an external javascript is in a certain location under a few conditions. Completely bombs out. It shows the page for a fraction of a second, then an alert box pops up, and it closes itself. This is where I somehow put my JS on all 3 campaigns.

Needless to say, conversions were a bit lackluster that day.

Well, apparently Internet Explorer flips it's shit if an external javascript is in a certain location under a few conditions. Completely bombs out. It shows the page for a fraction of a second, then an alert box pops up, and it closes itself. This is where I somehow put my JS on all 3 campaigns.

Needless to say, conversions were a bit lackluster that day.

EXACTLY!!! That's really one thing I hate about prosper202. You need to have your html validated or else it'll not work in IE.

This kind of shit happens to everyone dude. If you know anyone that's not in the biz / you trust, ask them to go over the page for you. They might notice something that you don't.

Also, it's amazing what you can learn if you watch a 'computer illiterate' (ie, average user) interact with your LP / site / whatever.

My stupid mistake a while back.

I had a US only campaign I launched in Yahoo, well Yahoo has US/Canada on by default so I wasted a lot of $ before I figured out why my conversions were so low.

My stupid mistake a while back.

I had a US only campaign I launched in Yahoo, well Yahoo has US/Canada on by default so I wasted a lot of $ before I figured out why my conversions were so low.

space tab space tab space tab space ... wish Yahoo would just fix that shit already and add a US only option.

I re-vamped a site that I sent traffic from 2 different languages...well, I was so caught up with English, I forgot to upload the sub directory where I was sending the second language traffic to. After a few hours, my numbers were way low and no conversions from the second language page. Lost monies for sure!

I guess you have to do something dumb like that to teach you a lesson...I go over all new sites with a microscope now...kinda hassle, but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.