Magento or OpenCrart - Which is best for eCommerce website ?

Hello,

I would like to answer the question in simple steps

Magento and OpenCart have some similar advantages and features:

Magento:

Magento is a very flexible platform and has a remarkably rich administrative area, which gives you the possibility to modify and tweak everything according to your needs – such as product features and categories or content targeted at different customer groups.

Magento is capable of handling highly complex pricing structures - it‘s a very robust system with almost limitless functionality.

OpenCart

Packed with a variety of sophisticated and flexible features, OpenCart is a popular and simple open source shopping cart application. It’s a robust e-commerce solution which is search engine friendly with built in SEO features and can provide users with a comprehensive and easy-to-understand overview of their stores sales and analytics at a glance.

OpenCart is particularly flexible and is well known for its site speed. Although not as complex in nature as Magento, OpenCart expert developers can ensure that your website is fully equipped to provide an effective e-commerce shopping cart solution.

Magento and OpenCart have some similar advantages and features:

Both are open source ecommerce platforms, neither limit users
Both are popular and have huge developer communities for support
Both are developed in PHP
Both are global ecommerce platforms supporting multiple languages and most currencies
Both are resource rich with add on products and plugins
Both use templates to upload products and can be maintained by non-programmers

I hope that helps!:)
Regards,
Danile,
Techtiq Solutions,

Magento may be the best, but it is incredibly unwieldy. I would chose shopify if you're starting out.