Low EPC Affiliate Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

megler

Aug 14, 2006
I've read somewhere that you should only focus on affiliate programs with an EPC of 10.00 or higher. That if you can't find any programs for your niche in that range, maybe you shouldn't do that niche. Is that correct?

I have some niches in mind where the EPC is closer to 3.00, but the demand appears to be there. Would it be stupid to take the time to set that up for aff with an EPC like that?

thanks!

The Hell? You sure they said $10, not $1? $1 might make somewhat sense, but fucking $10? So if I run an offer that pays me $25 per lead, and I convert a fourth of my clicks, according to those experts It's not worth doing? Also, you need to take into account your CPC. If I'm only having an EPC of 0.40, but I only pay0.01 a click, it's still fucking worth doing.

Just do the math.

As an aff marketer struggling to make things profitable, I've been looking around the $10-$15 mark because I've been having trouble getting cheap clicks.

If I pay $.40 a click, and then my landing page is only sending 20% of those clicks over to the offer, and then the offer only converts 10% of those, I'd need to be making at least $20 a conversion just to break even. I can't imagine making a profit on a $1.50 offer in my present state.

So I guess the problem is:
1) Need cheaper traffic. Most offers seem to have a lot of competition, so I need to bid on more long-tail keywords that I can get cheaply, or focus on specific high-conversion keywords with "buy" indicators?

2) Landing page not performing. Need to improve my landing page to properly pre-sell the offer

Any other pointers?

I am finding that I can get some cheap clicks via longtail misspellings. The more creative you are, the more quality cheap clicks you can get. (i think)

I've read somewhere that you should only focus on affiliate programs with an EPC of 10.00 or higher. That if you can't find any programs for your niche in that range, maybe you shouldn't do that niche. Is that correct?

I can tell you without a doubt that this is absolutlely terrible advice. eCPC doesn't matter at all. If you have a lower eCPC niche, you just need more traffic volume. An eCPC of .10 can be just as profitable as 10.00.

Most of the epc's that you see are no where near accurate, depending on how the affiliates are using the creatives. I see zip submits that pay $1.20 show $15 epc.

Most of the epc's that you see are no where near accurate, depending on how the affiliates are using the creatives. I see zip submits that pay $1.20 show $15 epc.
Sometimes EPC means Earnings Per Click and sometimes (like on CJ) it means Earnings Per 100 Clicks.

thanks to everyone for the input. like I said, I have a program that says their epc is like 3.00 but I think I can get decent traffic to the site. I just didn't want to take the time to take setup w the time site if that was going to be a newbie retarded thing.

as long as we're talking about EPC and product selection - here's a question about niche selection:

if you use wordtracker for your research and your main keyword returns a huge KEI - wordtrackers version of this being a good keyword - do you guys put good faith in that (KEI)... for example - let's say that "electric toothbrush" has a KEI of 500 (which is does NOT) - and you were thinking of an electric toothbrush niche site - would the KEI be a strong factor for you? All other things being equal?

thanks again!

Last edited:
if you're looking at CJ they do things differently then everyone else. Their idea of EPC is $/100 clicks. where most networks are $/click. That would be .10 cents a click though. That's appropriate is you're dealing in long tail, not highly focused words. If you're dealing in highly focused words I look for 1$/click.

I would completely ignore network-wide epc in determining what offers might be good. It is all relative anyways, depending on how much you can get traffic for.. the reality is you don't know what everyone else is doing, so unless they are all doing what you are doing the number means little.

I don't know where the $10.00 comes from that is ridiculous unless you are using CJ's multiple of 100 that is designed to confuse people.

If I have an offer that is only converting at .06 epc but I am only paying .01 per click that is a good ROI.

If I have one that is returning $1.50 epc but costing me 1.10 per click, that is a bad ROI.

Trial and error is the key to success. Determine your budget and do some research. FTW in ppc put in 10% more effort then your competitors in finding niche keywords and you'll almost always get a decent ROI.

Status
Not open for further replies.