Lost Vegas Eviction

Status
Not open for further replies.

When i was out there in Jan. i checked out a couple homes that were new to the market, and you can pick a goodsize house up for next to nothing. Only thing is that since the city is failing so bad it probably isn't the best/safest place to live.

The no notice eviction by the bank foreclosing on the rental property is complete and utter bullshit. Those people should have at least 2 weeks notice, if not 30 days to vacate. What the fuck does it matter to the bank if they are there? It's not like they are going to sell it tomorrow. That is so fucking wrong.

The no notice eviction by the bank foreclosing on the rental property is complete and utter bullshit. Those people should have at least 2 weeks notice, if not 30 days to vacate. What the fuck does it matter to the bank if they are there? It's not like they are going to sell it tomorrow. That is so fucking wrong.

There is a notice 7 months beforehand, it's the owners who choose to keep collecting rent and not advise the tenants that they will be evicted. From what I gather anyways..

agreed- in the whole thing these are the only people I really feel for- doing everything right, paying their rent, and BOOM, 15 minutes to leave in an economy where they might not have enough to even re-start elsewhere factoring in first/last month's rent, security deposits, etc that all just vanish into thin air.

There is a notice 7 months beforehand, it's the owners who choose to keep collecting rent and not advise the tenants that they will be evicted. From what I gather anyways..

Yes, I understand this but the whole thing could be avoided by the banks sending a notice of pending eviction to the actual property address 30 days in advance.

Yes, it is total bullshit and I have a friend who this just happened to. She paid her rent on time and had lived in the house for two years. Then a few weeks ago the cops knock on her door and tell her the owner of the house didn't pay up and she has 30 minutes to get out. Of course the owner never told her this and just kept collecting her rent, which obviously didn't go to pay the mortgage.

Long story short, she went back to the house later than night and kicked the door down to get the rest of her shit out of the house. Luckily for her she doesn't have any kids, had some money in the back, and had three days off work.

Shit like that is how people end up in homeless shelters.

that would suck. what ever happened to neighbors? if that happened to one of my neighbors not only would i let them stay at my house but i'd give them a place for their stuff so they wouldn't have to leave it out on the lawn while they tried to find a uhaul. Then i'd help them break back into the house and make sure no other neighbors called the cops. Having too many evictions to do in one day isn't an excuse to only give someone 30 mins to find out a big portion of their lives just got shattered and figure out what to do next.

yeah your right about that, but the bank should take that into consideration and at least give them a month to move there shit out and find a new place. After watching this i feel really fortunate that i have not had to deal with this sort of bullshit. knock on wood

Status
Not open for further replies.