Looking for PP guru for hire

MrPatrick

May 15, 2007
Hello everyone!
Looking to tap this forums incredibly huge knowledge base to help solve a problem.
I am going to start a local directory and am planning on using the iBotique Mall (php is the FASTEST, right?) software as the main interface (unless someone knows of something BETTER) but I don't know what to use (OR how to use it, not sure I need to know) to get people from one geographical/specific area (city/state) to "automatically" be redirected to the business pages in their geographical area when they "land" on the home page. I want to have them get to the site and the first thing they see is the businesses/category listings in their area. I know that there must be some type of software that looks at their IP address and makes the "calculations" to do this automatically, I just don't know how to describe it correctly/accurately (been using the search engines with no luck).
Am planning on outsourcing the design-customization-etc. work but I need to find out what I need to "give" the programmer to have them put it all together so that it works seamlessly to the visitor AND is QUICK.
ANY thoughts/suggestions on these problems I'm having are certainly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help,
MrPatrick