Looking for datafeeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallaceCleaver

Jun 26, 2006
My computer chair
I know that you can get them from CJ, but they have some funky requirement to access them. With that in mind could you guys tell me which affiliate networks offer datafeeds without some sort of requirement to access them?

WallaceCleaver said:
I know that you can get them from CJ, but they have some funky requirement to access them. With that in mind could you guys tell me which affiliate networks offer datafeeds without some sort of requirement to access them?
Funny you should ask...Netshops has an affiliate program with dynamic and static datafeeds available. For the dynamic feeds your server has to be either PHP, ASP or ColdFusion enabled. Here's a link to the datafeed page:

http://www.netshopsaffiliates.com/university/realtime.php

You don't need to be an affiliate yet to see what the code is and the list of available stores.

If you decide to sign up, let me know so I can get with Chad on Monday. He's the one in charge of approving new affiliates.

Also, if you need help implementing the feeds, I can do that too.

~Mike~

The two I was going to mention were already stated above. Both programs have tons of datafeeds. I am loving NetShops.com and all the possibilities, they have some great niches.

shareasale.com and clixgalore.com both have free datafeeds for merchants.

Stanely - a datafeed is just a file (in csv or xml format usually) with a list of URLs, products, prices etc that webmasters can use to make their own affiliate ecommerce sites

stanley said:
what's a data feed?

Rob_TID said:
Stanely - a datafeed is just a file (in csv or xml format usually) with a list of URLs, products, prices etc that webmasters can use to make their own affiliate ecommerce sites

To add to this, some datafeeds can be static, exactly what is described by Rob_TID, and some can be dynamic.

With a static feed, you have to download the files and upload them to your site.

With a dynamic feed, you simply add some server side (usually, some may use client side like javascript) code to your page, and then the products are automatically populated by the company you are affiliated with. A lot of times, dynamic feeds can also be edited in the code to display limited number of items based on your criteria.

Using NetShops as an example:

Let's say you have a home and garden website and want to promote backyard furniture, but you only want to display 5 items, and you want those items to be tables, you can edit the script to comply with your wishes.

Of course the biggest drawback with dynamic feeds is you need to understand the scripting language you are using to be able to edit it. If you have problems though, there are people willing to help. I can help with NetShops codes. I've edited the PHP before, and Chad (NetShops affiliate manager) can help you with the ASP and ColdFusion.

~Mike~

Status
Not open for further replies.