Looking for BIG affiliates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2006
New York City
I can't say much just yet about it, because I need to wait for the ink to dry on the contract, but here's the gist of it. If you know any big affiliate marketers, I may be able to give you some points on whatever they make too.

1- I am launching a one offer affiliate program network for a telecom company. The custom stats software won't be available for another three months, but I have the okay to start accepting affiliates on their extremely limited but real time reporting software. It doesn't record clicks or impressions, or any of that sort of data that we rely on so heavily these days, but the sales are in real time, and that's all that really matters, or should matter really.

2- The offer for the customers/consumers are as follows:
+ Mobile VOIP - $25/mo can call from and to almost anywhere in the world. The only thing the consumer will use is their actual minutes. Other than that, there is no additional fee on top of the $25/mo. There was an activation fee, but you can market it as being waived. Vonage doesn't offer this or anything near the quality of this. There are also a shitload of features included. There are no overages and no hidden fees, and best of all, no contracts, software or hardware to buy or plug in. Even without the international calling perk, anyone who goes over their bill by $25+ their standard calling plan will benefit from this.
+ Home VOIP - $25/mo - same deal as the mobile, except there is an adapter that they need to plug onto their line. One of the cooler benefits though is that if the customer is traveling and they don't want to use another land line with charges (like a hotel or someone's house) they can use their adapter wherever they are traveling to. This includes outside of the US. Again, there are a ton of features too, but there's no way I'm running through all of them here and now.

3- What the affiliate gets:
For signing up consumers to buy the $25/mo mobile VOIP service, you get $25 CPA, PLUS 10% residual/revshare per month on the life of the consumer. The cancellation rate for this is MAYBE .01%. Chances are very good for you that once you sign them up, they will be a customer for at least 2 years. There aren't exact figures yet because the service itself is pretty new. Regardless if the person cancels after the first month or does anything weird, you still get your $25 CPA. Payment is via PayPal or Direct Deposit. The minimum payment threshold is $100.

4- Who can join as an affiliate?
Anyone. We are accepting ALL countries that allow VOIP. This is a GREAT program for international affiliates who otherwise can't score something like this because they aren't located in the US.

5- Which countries can buy this on a consumer level?
Any of the top 42 countries that have legalized VOIP service. This includes:
Israel, Russia, China, Japan, EU, UK, US, Canada, Mexico, Carribean, South America, Australia, Singapore, Taiwan, etc. (the list is pretty large).

6- What's the catch?
Right now, the only thing to stop you from joining is that I'm only taking in larger affiliates. When the primary software is done, I'll open the floodgates and allow whomever to join. Bigger affiliates who are familiar with the telecom industry (including ringtones, satelite services, broadband) who can bring in at least 50 sales a month will be considered. Getting in now ensures that you can establish yourself a spot within the market before anyone else does. Sorry to the smaller guys, but this is a numbers game, and if you don't push big numbers now, there's no point, but rest assured, you can join up in a few months.

7- How to market it?
Right now, we are marketing it to mobile phone stores (retailers), and distributors. Marketing it online just doesn't exist yet. We will accept pretty much any LEGAL form of advertising/marketing. This also includes using Trademarked keywords on PPC, Email marketing (optin and newsletters), forum ads, etc. 99.5% of whatever you think is legal will probably be accepted.

I'll be launching some press releases about this when the official program goes live by October.

If you are a large affiliate, or you think you can push a minimum of 50 orders per month, private message me or email me. We also have a shitload of incentives for top affiliates.

Forgot to mention.. the retail voip branch is pretty new, but the telecom company itself has been around for almost 8 years and does a few billion minutes a year for their clients. This is not some quick fly by night deal.

Argh... that would have been perfect for a site I've just relaunched. I can't class myself as one of the big guys in the industry though.

avantrosa said:
The second I see "residual" and "distributor" in the same pitch I picture MLM...

:eek7:

It's telecom.. not MLM.

MLM makes their "dealers" pay to get into the program.. this has none of that, plus the goal is not to refer as many dealers as possible, it's to get as many consumers. Dummy!

I am intrested for sure I am good for at least 50 month let me know what else needs to be done. Ref or something let me know I would love to give it a shot

Jon said:
It's telecom.. not MLM.

MLM makes their "dealers" pay to get into the program.. this has none of that, plus the goal is not to refer as many dealers as possible, it's to get as many consumers. Dummy!

I'm not saying it's MLM at all, but you can't refute it by saying it's telecom. There were plenty of MLM long distance things back in the day.

Yon.net is an example of MLM VOIP, it does exist.

This offer sounds very promising - specially with the growing popularity of VOIP.

However, it is a shame to see that you are only offering it to larger affilaites and not yet available to the smaller guys.

Why not have the offer available on an affiliate network? The network would essentially be your one big affiliate, who can then have it available to the smaller guys. Another advantage of having the offer through a network is that we can keep track of clicks for you.

This would be important when figuring out the effective cost per click, and the ROI.

Let me know if you want to chat about having this offer available on Affiliateer.com

Sean

I will be listing it on affiliate networks once we are able to setup a better way to track everything. Right now it's made for retailers, not online affiliates, so it makes it tough to track here. I'm working on having a seperate system built specifically for internet affiliates with proper tracking for everyone.

JDA said:
I'm not saying it's MLM at all, but you can't refute it by saying it's telecom. There were plenty of MLM long distance things back in the day.

Yon.net is an example of MLM VOIP, it does exist.

MLM's work by the guy on top charging the guys underneath a fee to get into the program, and then promote something of usually pretty shitty value. The overall goal of MLM is to make the guys on top rich, and to whore it out as much as possible.

This is nothing like that. There's no fee ever for people to promote it. It is an affiliate program, but right now meant for brick and mortar distributors within the telecom industry. This service itself is a competitor of Optimum and Vonage. In about a year they will start TV ads, selling to the consumer, not people to make money on it. I think that's the difference.

Am I correct in assuming that the Mobile VOIP will work essentially the same as a calling card, ie call an access #, enter a PIN, dial the real # you want to call?

Not trying to knock the service, but I think it's going to be a tough battle. The field seems crowded, and people with tech skills can do some ultra cheap tricks. If you have an ATA adapter at home, and a cell plan that allows free calls to home #, you can play tricks and have unlimitted cellular minutes.

That said, I still wish I was a big enough player. :rasta:

S.

Jon said:
MLM's work by the guy on top charging the guys underneath a fee to get into the program, and then promote something of usually pretty shitty value. The overall goal of MLM is to make the guys on top rich, and to whore it out as much as possible.

This is nothing like that. There's no fee ever for people to promote it. It is an affiliate program, but right now meant for brick and mortar distributors within the telecom industry. This service itself is a competitor of Optimum and Vonage. In about a year they will start TV ads, selling to the consumer, not people to make money on it. I think that's the difference.

Right, like I said I'm not saying this is MLM, just that you can't waive the accusation away by saying its telecom. It's better to say that you never have to pay money to promote it, that's the key difference to me between affiliate marketing and MLM scams.

If this is a MLM deal, then so is Azoogle, CJ, and every other damn affiliate program out there. Hell, Azoogle and a few others have multiple tiers, which is really what MLM is all about. Revshare is quite common in the adult industry. But hey, if you want to stick with Adsense and CPM programs, go ahead.

Andrew said:
If this is a MLM deal, then so is Azoogle, CJ, and every other damn affiliate program out there. Hell, Azoogle and a few others have multiple tiers, which is really what MLM is all about. Revshare is quite common in the adult industry. But hey, if you want to stick with Adsense and CPM programs, go ahead.

If that was directed at me then I have no clue how you got what you got out of my post.

Andrew said:

Hey Andrew,

No one was calling it an MLM. I was joking when I said that and wasn't trying to dissuade anyones trust in the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.