lol VolumeDrive lol

Grindstone

Sofa King Re: Tar Dead
May 13, 2008
North Idaho
Hello,

Unfortunately, due to a recent situation with VolumeDrive, your server is likely currently offline. BurstNET may be able to assist you in the matter, if by chance we still have your server in our possession, or can set you us a rush delivery replacement server.

VolumeDrive was scheduled to relocate to our brand new facility here in PA, moved about 20% of their stuff in, put the rest of their stuff in another truck, and never showed up with the remainder at our facility. We tracked them to an office building about 20 miles away, and we assume the rest of the stuff is relocated there, and we saw all their cars and staff outside the building to confirm it. After 24 hours, they do not even have their own website online, so we question whether they will get anything online at all, and how they are going to explain the 300+ servers they left down in our facility with live clients on them.

We do have a percentage of the servers they hosted, that they simply left behind, and are more than happy to accommodate you if possible. Even if we do not have the physical server we would be happy to rush build you a new machine and have it online as soon as possible, running in a company that has been in the industry for 23 years, and is not going anywhere soon. The first step in getting your server back online would be opening a ticket to sales@burst (dot) net in which we will provide you with the steps for transferring service to us. We empathize with the inconvenience this has caused you, and want to do whatever we are able to get you, and your end clients/users/visitors, back online as soon as possible.

Please contact sales@burst (dot) net ASAP, and we will do our best to assist you in your time of need here...

dafuq...

lol, sounds similar to a previous host I used. Sent me an e-mail saying I was being moved to a bigger & better data center, which I thought was great. Except apparently they just unplugged the server, threw it into a U-Haul, and off to the new data center they went. Absolutely no migration plan in place at all. Server was just offline for 36 hours.

We tracked them to an office building about 20 miles away, and we assume the rest of the stuff is relocated there, and we saw all their cars and staff outside the building to confirm it.
igfgBbe.jpg

That's pretty consistent with my VolumeDrive experience.

They were 1/3rd the price of Russian servers, but we could get the Russian servers provisioned within 2 days, and the VD servers, we'd be lucky to get after a month.

I am pretty sure we could have stopped paying them and they would have kept the servers online because they were that disorganized.

Damn dude, I JUST cancelled mine last week. So fucking glad I did. lol

Must be nice. I'm still on board with a down server that I don't know whose possession it's in :)

edit: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8812231&postcount=331

[VD] Yes, they're are very <some adjective, didn't catch that again> provider, and they're very upset that we're opening a datacenter near theirs, and they're trying to steal our customers. Nothing more, nothing less. They're very <the same adjective again>, and they're trying to compete. So, we're restoring access for tomorrow evening, everything will be fine, and they certainly don't have your server.

[VD] They have taken our customer billing database, and they're trying to reach out each of our customer, and contact them, and scare them into the fact they have their servers, and run them into their own services.

This is gonna get ugly. Thankfully I don't use them but feel for anyone that has had their server offline without notice for 36 - 48 hrs.

lol VolumeDrive. they had to be one of the worst hosting companies I ever bought a server from. It would take them 1-2 weeks just to SETUP a fucking SERVER. The prices were damn good but damn wtf.

this is my experience. lol

FggNP5D.png

Well it seems as though Volumedrive decided to instead move their truckload of servers to their own officebuilding/dc and burstnet is beyond pissed about things... The webhostingtalk thread is full of LOL's like this one, which is apparently all authored by their "CEO who has all the facts"...

Oh and apparently burstnet is having some kind of "refugee sale" as they put it for affected people.

BurstNet said:
On a related side note, the building the moved into has an AIDS clinic in it.

BurstNet said:
Everyone needs a smile during a stressful situation like this, so they don't stroke out.

Oh, and the Aids/STD clinic is the truth, not a joke:
Caring Communities for AIDS Wilkes Barre Office at 9 E Market St Ste D Wilkes Barre, PA 18701

ive used VD and cancelled month ago ;) they were cheapest on market i think, and yes took em 2 weeks to setup.
so the company is dead? brustnet i dont really like for some reasons but they shoukdnt matte to most of u.
i mean whast the connectio nbetween VD and Busrt now?

Never used volumedrive.. But having used burst - I've noticed they for whatever reason do suffer a lot of DDOS attacks, not only on individual servers but also on their core routers. And it isn't uncommon for their own website to be hit.

Never used volumedrive.. But having used burst - I've noticed they for whatever reason do suffer a lot of DDOS attacks, not only on individual servers but also on their core routers. And it isn't uncommon for their own website to be hit.

yes the servers cant be used to host stuff, only ot hoist scripts that may die sometimes. same as VD actually. lots of peopel used xrumer on VD few years ago but then started getting bans