Load balanced and scalable hosting for wordpress

DreamMachine

Extreme Ultra VIP
Aug 3, 2008
Australia
Hi All,

The work I do as part of my day job involves building fault tolerant and redundant systems for large enterprises. This usually involves buying millions of dollars worth of hardware, plumbing it all together and monitoring it once it's in.

Most companies are starting to move towards virtualisation and doing mostly the same thing, but in the cloud. I've been involved in a few cloud migration projects to AWS and was recently certified as an AWS solution architect.

Do you think there would be a demand from website owners for a service that:
  • Re-architects their existing website to be fault tolerant and redundant across geographical areas
  • Implements auto-scaling so the site would be able to handle whatever traffic gets thrown at it
  • Setting CDN/DDOS protection (optional?)
  • Load test to verify performance (optional?)

So essentially managed cloud hosting. I was thinking of starting out with wordpress as many sites run it, although any site could be setup in this way in theory but it depends on the back-end.

Hosting costs for even a small wordpress deployment with geographical redundancy would be at least $250/mo so it would't be worth it for small sites.

Ongoing services could include pro-active monitoring, security vulnerability scanning and patching/upgrading.

My questions to the reader:

Would you be interested in such a service?

How much would you pay for setup?

How about ongoing?

Obviously ongoing would be dependent on site size.