LIVE from Affiliate Summit - Today's NetIncome Radio Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just blogged this, but thought I'd come here to share it.

Kris Jones, CEO of PepperJam one of the big players in the affiliate and PPC game, will be doing today's WebmasterRadio show LIVE from Affiliate Summit. Jeremy Shoemaker AKA Shoemoney will be quizzing Kris about Affiliate marketing issues, PPC and search arbitrage today at 6 PM EST.

You can call in during the show with questions or post them in chat. Jeremy and Kris will do their best to dazzle you with brilliant answers. I learn a new trick or three every show. The program will be archived too so if you snooze, loose and miss it - you can listen to the show later at your convenience.

The Shoemoney blog has more details.
http://www.shoemoney.com/2006/07/10/net-income-7-11-arbitrage-ppc-with-guest-kristopher-jones/

See you in the chat room! 6 EST but come early cuz the room typically is so full you can't get in. http://www.webmasterradio.fm/ourshows.php

Just out of curiosity, why are you doing this shoemoney. Thinking logically, one would keep this kind of information to themselves (just like most webmasters these days), aren't you making it more difficult for yourself in the long run if 100's of people were to join the ringtone industry to cash-in their share? Although you'll probably be one step ahead of anyone who is following your lead, but aren't you making it riskful for yourself giving out this info?

Note: In no way im I saying what your doing is bad, for me and everyone else it's GREAT, especially for beginners like myself (although some insecure webmasters might go into a rage).

Just becareful, that 1% just might bite you in the butt (no offence). It's true how most people need to bring out their will power to overcome their mental laziness (due to physical labor force) in order to reach their full-potential of earning money on the internet.

But I seriously think there should be a simpler way to "earn a living" without risking your own money and waiting for a long period of time hoping that your work would supply the money you need.

What the internet is lacking right now is a structured labor force. If a such thing is created one day, I think then there will be a major reduction of scamming, better efficiency and the internet will become the home of innovation with more and more big projects becoming possible to accomplish.

If you can leverage or cash-in on the publicity then the good can outweigh the bad.

Would Jon have what amounts to an instantly successful message board if he were an unknown? some people do better in the limelight, some do better in the shadows.

I think it comes down to how well you know the market, and with that, you can give fair projections on how much you can potentially make. Obviously Shoemoney has the upper hand on us when it comes to ringtones. But when it comes to mortgage leads, it's not some secret industry than no one knows anything about. It's cut throat and tough to dominate in because it requires serious capital compared to other ventures out there. I think both of us have the upper hand in some ways because of our willingness to spend money (and a lot of it) to make money. When you compare a smaller guy to a bigger guy, and they both know the industry somewhat, but the smaller guy knows of better traffic sources and conversion methods, he may actually have the upperhand over the big budget guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.