Linkbuilding fail, non-English sites

phixx

Jul 4, 2007
In March, I spent close to $2000 on link building for a few non-English sites.

I have brought article submissions, web 2.0 pages, social bookmarking, blog comments and profile links. I have also brought links on high pr pages. A lot of the links have been boosted with a bit of DFB after I received the reports.

Problem is that none of the links seems to have had any effect. All of the sites still rank like they did before I brought the links and the amount of visitors haven't increased :(

First I thought it was because the links came from English sites/pages, but can that really be the case? When I analyze my competition (using SEO Spyglass), they have mostly links from English sites/pages.

Any ideas what might be going wrong? What can I do, so I get the benefit of all the links I have brought/future links?

First suggestion: do not abuse link purchase. From my experience, buying a small number of links is more effective than just getting 10 thousand in a month. A dozen a week is more "human" to search engines eyes, and they will value them better.

Hope this helps.

First suggestion: do not abuse link purchase. From my experience, buying a small number of links is more effective than just getting 10 thousand in a month. A dozen a week is more "human" to search engines eyes, and they will value them better.

Hope this helps.

Haven't build thousands of links to each of the sites - closer to 200-300/site in tier 1 (DFB, blog comments, etc. were mostly done as tier 2/tier 3 links)

How does the on-site SEO look? Also what are your anchor text ratios? I think these are some important issues that may need to be addressed.

How does the on-site SEO look? Also what are your anchor text ratios? I think these are some important issues that may need to be addressed.

Anchor text ratio is about 30% for the main keywords. The new links have an anchor text ratio of about 80% for the main keywords.

The on-site SEO is optimized (Wordpress blog, post/page titles are <H1>, keywords in page/post <title> etc.)

I spent less and got quite a boost on non english websites.
The only thing I can see is the competition doing better than you.
Maybe you should stop building quantity links for a while and work more on Authority.

First I thought it was because the links came from English sites/pages, but can that really be the case? When I analyze my competition (using SEO Spyglass), they have mostly links from English sites/pages.

This is definitely not the reason. You either went for a too competitive keyword or your on-site SEO is poor. $2k though? Maybe if $1900 of that were profiles and comments, but anything higher quality should get you some measurable jumps.

Maybe you should stop building quantity links for a while and work more on Authority.

What kind of links did you buy - and how was your anchor text ratio?

Thanks.

As many ingredients as possible to make it look natural. Blogroll, forum signature, blogpost, articles, profiles, high PR links couple of times a week... The usual stuff you can buy here.

Links within paragraphs of unique content related to my niches has been the most effective for me. And I rotate anchor text from a selection of 2 to 3 keywords + domain.

Absolutely!

Keywords in URL, Title, and linked on page.

Yes.

I always figured if a link is worth getting, I should point it directly at my
money site and if a link needs links, it's not worth getting.

Bompa

KEYWORD A:
One of my sites go for this keyword:
1 word, 10+ million results, position before linkbuilding ~20, current position ~15
avg. PR in top 5: ~4

Amongst other things, I have thrown this stuff thrown after it:
http://www.wickedfire.com/links-seo...r4-profiles-tier-2-10k-verified-profiles.html
http://www.wickedfire.com/links-seo...100-times-more-effective-than-link-wheel.html
http://www.wickedfire.com/links-seo...ster-most-effective-link-building-review.html

KEYWORD B:
Another site go for this, much easier keyword:
2 words, ~1 million results, position before linkbuilding ~25, current position ~85
avg. PR in top 5: ~3

I have thrown this stuff at it:
http://www.wickedfire.com/links-seo...-skyrocket-your-rankings-low-30-grab-now.html
Back Links Genie, 3 day project based on 15 web 2.0 properties with spinned article in English

KEYWORD C:
Finally, a third, quite easy keyword (inner page on a site of mine go for this one):
1 word, 750.000 results, position before linkbuilding ~70, current position ~40
avg. PR in top 5: ~2

I have thrown this stuff at it:
~30 social bookmarks
Back Links Genie, 3 day project based on 15 web 2.0 properties with spinned article in English

My ideas about what is going on:
KEYWORD A: The keyword is difficult, I need more/better links. But it still surprise me that there has been so little movement.
KEYWORD B: Google dance, need more patience (although it's more than a month since I built links to the site)
KEYWORD C: Something is happening here, so I guess there is hope.

All in all, I probably underestimate the difficulty of the keywords I'm going for.

Agree? And do you agree with my theories for both keyword A, B and C?

I think you have a pretty decent view on what's happening.
Maybe do some blasts on the web 2.0 pages you had done.
Mostly get relevent links and build unique content pages on differents IPs that link to your money site and push those pages.

I think you have a pretty decent view on what's happening.
Maybe do some blasts on the web 2.0 pages you had done.
Mostly get relevent links and build unique content pages on differents IPs that link to your money site and push those pages.

Each of the 15 web 2.0 pages from the BLG projects are supported by profile linkwheels (60 profiles) and blog comments (hundreds of them).

In addition to that, I throw DFB profiles at various stuff (mostly to improve indexing).

Each of the 15 web 2.0 pages from the BLG projects are supported by profile linkwheels (60 profiles) and blog comments (hundreds of them).

In addition to that, I throw DFB profiles at various stuff (mostly to improve indexing).

Ok, for the 15 BLG web 2.0 pages, you need way more than a 60 linkwheel and 750 blog comments that the auto 3-day project provides for you. Instead of running the 3 day project, try this:

Run a 15 web 2.0 project for 3 days in a row. That builds 45 articles. However, some of them will fail or not have a link, so remove those. You should now have about 35-40 pages.

Use the login info that BLG gives you and add some links to interlink a few of them.

Then fire at least 7500 blog comments and 20k Xrumer profiles at the web 2.0s. That's 10 days on BLG and 10 days on DFB gold account. Use DFLogin for your DFB blasts.

Because you see, when you are tiering your links, you need a LOT more on the second tier than you think because the indexing rate of forum profile links (each with thousands of fake Xrumer members) and terribly spammed blog comments are pretty low (especially if you're the 500th comment on the endless page of spam comments).

Anchor text ratio is about 30% for the main keywords. The new links have an anchor text ratio of about 80% for the main keywords.

The on-site SEO is optimized (Wordpress blog, post/page titles are <H1>, keywords in page/post <title> etc.)

I think you are over-using your main anchor texts. 80% on the new links??? Does not look natural to Google unless you have an EMD (perhaps, even so, I wouldn't use that many). Try some generic anchors that DFB provides.

Ok, for the 15 BLG web 2.0 pages, you need way more than a 60 linkwheel and 750 blog comments that the auto 3-day project provides for you. Instead of running the 3 day project, try this:

Run a 15 web 2.0 project for 3 days in a row. That builds 45 articles. However, some of them will fail or not have a link, so remove those. You should now have about 35-40 pages.

Use the login info that BLG gives you and add some links to interlink a few of them.

Then fire at least 7500 blog comments and 20k Xrumer profiles at the web 2.0s. That's 10 days on BLG and 10 days on DFB gold account. Use DFLogin for your DFB blasts.

Because you see, when you are tiering your links, you need a LOT more on the second tier than you think because the indexing rate of forum profile links (each with thousands of fake Xrumer members) and terribly spammed blog comments are pretty low (especially if you're the 500th comment on the endless page of spam comments).

I think you are over-using your main anchor texts. 80% on the new links??? Does not look natural to Google unless you have an EMD (perhaps, even so, I wouldn't use that many). Try some generic anchors that DFB provides.

Good points. I'll try that out for one of my sites and report back how it goes.

Concerning the web 2.0 anchor texts. What kind of ratio will you go for there?

I assume the blog comments/DFB anchor texts can just be generics anchors (click here, etc.)

Good points. I'll try that out for one of my sites and report back how it goes.

Concerning the web 2.0 anchor texts. What kind of ratio will you go for there?

I assume the blog comments/DFB anchor texts can just be generics anchors (click here, etc.)
still I don't understand if you're using non English KW for better seo result of must non English content.and you need to focus on domain target by you language. this will help alot.
I'm also having this kind of problem - it's just not enough to use methods like this on a non English KW from my side of view.

If you did not have many links to begin with it looks very unnatural that you suddenly get a huge amount of links. It would be a much better solution to start of small and work your way up.

If you did not have many links to begin with it looks very unnatural that you suddenly get a huge amount of links. It would be a much better solution to start of small and work your way up.

The sites had quite a few links to begin with. I usually give my domains 2-4 months of slow link building before I start hitting them with the heavy stuff (that is 2-4 months of slow link building after buying the domains).