Link Cloaking?

Lavish

Mar 18, 2008
Space.
Hey guys,

Just wondering how I could get more information about hiding my affiliate links.

I was thinking using tinyurl but I figure that runs out after a 60 day time limit. I want something that is indefinite and preferably something I have control over too.

Thanks.

Yes, Tracking202 for me too. The bespoke option is to point all your aff links at a php file on your server, and use that php file to redirect onto your aff links. You can even hide the file using robots.txt. This is good if you want to do special shennanigans to your subids etc. You could also put the php file on another server, but take note of redirect times, you don't want to lose the conversion.

BTW, whats 'So Gay' about your post?

I have Tracking202 installed on one of my servers, but I was more talking about hiding the affiliate link from the user so they don't know it is an affiliate link I am redirecting them through.

The "So Gay" icon was just too funny that I used it. No story behind it bro :)

Thanks.

I have Tracking202 installed on one of my servers, but I was more talking about hiding the affiliate link from the user so they don't know it is an affiliate link I am redirecting them through.

The "So Gay" icon was just too funny that I used it. No story behind it bro :)

Thanks.
Offtopic - where are u form btw?

You can link to a page like yourdomain.com/offer-name.php and have that page use a header, javascript, or meta redirect to send the user onto the affiliate link. Obviously the user will have to pass through your link for you to get credit, but it should be so quick that most won't notice.

You can link to a page like yourdomain.com/offer-name.php and have that page use a header, javascript, or meta redirect to send the user onto the affiliate link. Obviously the user will have to pass through your link for you to get credit, but it should be so quick that most won't notice.

Thanks mate, will look into this one.

I've set this up.

But I have a quick question - is there any way to install some tracking on this now? I do have Tracking202 installed by the way and a Statcounter account. I did exactly as you said and used a redirect to the affiliate link.

Thanks again.

This is how I setup my "don't want referrer to leak" redirects:

offer.php -> goes to offer2.php
offer2.php -> goes to t202 aff link
t202-> double meta redirect (cloaking on)
cloaked link -> offer

and the referrer from offer.php STILL gets through 5% of the time.