Link building strategy concerns and questions

dsrdesign

Feb 26, 2011
I know there are a number of you in this forum that can provide some helpful advice so your comments would truly be appreciated. I am starting to build up my client list for SEO services and am looking for some advice as it relates to link building.

When I acquire a client I do all the usual on page SEO and I develop a page targeting the keyword I am trying to get the client ranked for, after four months I focus on a new keyword and include a new page about the keyword in the client's website, after another 4 months I focus on a new keyword, repeat, repeat, repeat. I do this so the client ranks for a new keyword every four months and I keep the client for a long time, consitently getting the client's website ranking for new keywords.

As for link building I create some social profiles, build a few relative directory site links, do some guest posting, maybe get a few links from some related sites, see where the competition is gaining their links and try to acquire similar links, etc. The same BS type of link building that we all read about suggested by Search Engine Watch, Moz, etc.

I have been thinking about two tactics to focus on for Link Building and this is where I would like some support and some suggestions.

1. I have been thinking about simply using a service like The Hoth, doing some research into their best offerings and buying one or two of their packages and simply paying $150 to $250 in link building services every four months that focuses on a single keyword and then repeating the process every four months, essentially replacing what I am currently doing in regard to link building and as I mentioned earlier trying to rank the client's website for a new keyword every four months. In your opinions is this a good idea?

2. I have also been reading up on Private Blog Networks and I would really like to hear the wickedfire communities opinions or strategy on this topic. I remember reading BlueHatSEO's mini network post and his others years ago and I have read a few articles on PBNs but I cam across this article: https://www.seobrothers.co/seo/private-blog-networks-pbns/ The writer mentions: The “General” PBN, Industry-specific Networks, and The Exclusive Network. I understand the last two but am more interested in The “General” PBN. Since it may be much more affordable.

Here is my point, if I do a 6 site PBN, after hosting, paying for each post, etc. I end up paying $500. Alot of you might be laughing at this point saying "I can build a 6 site PBN for much cheaper." But that is not my main concern, let's say I pay less than $500 for a PBN, the PBN can only link back once to my money site or my client's site focusing on one keyword. So every four months when I want to focus on a new keyword I am paying out for another PBN, and building out that fucker too.

Can I build a general type of PBN or network that will focus on a new keyword every four months, without having to build out a new PBN every time I want to focus on a new keyword?

I would really appreciate the community giving some suggestions on how you do link building, like an agency link building strategy. I don't want to circle the drain as a budding SEO service provider. I look forward to your comments and hope I didn't sound like too much of a jerk off.

Hello! Are you looking for extra income online? Sign up to my Six Figures Coaching Program for FREE! Just add me up on skype ​(Skype​ ​Username: steinhoffs2000)​ ​so​ ​we​ ​can​ ​discuss your queries.​