Link Building - Exact Match Anchor Text vs Budget question.

msharron

This is going to hurt
Apr 14, 2012
Brighton
I have a quick link building question. In view of the fact building quality links can be an expensive and time consuming process.
Given that I need to maintain a natural link footprint, If I build lower quality links for anchor text using the following keywords/anchor text:
Longtail / domain / brand name / generic / benign keywords...

Then target my main resources / high quality links using exact match anchor text / minor variations or exact match keyword, is this a viable strategy for making the best use of my budget.
Does Google's algorithm only see the anchor text used in a URL's link profile or does Google measure the juice flowing through specific anchor text in a site's link profile?
Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Personally I think that Google is adding a lot more weight to your own content (site wide) to deem the relevance of your site for the SERPS, rather than basing everything on the anchors pointing to your website.

I would say a good strategy would be to build the majority of your links targeting your brand name, your domain name, all of which can be medium to low quality. Always try for good quality though. You can save your funds for your high end keyword anchors, of which you will not need many of (drop in a few high quality brand links also).

You should put some time and money into your content which will help your overall site quality, user experience and relevancy. Look into speeding up your site also, which will also help the latter.

Check out this thread for increasing your page speed:

http://www.wickedfire.com/traffic-content/166122-240-increase-search-traffic-3-days-mito-tags-speed.html

Hit up Tangy for your content. Not the cheapest but you can depend on the quality.

Here is one of Tangy's threads for your content:

http://www.wickedfire.com/content/165847-oct-special-fully-managed-blogging-writing-images-seo-posting-25-off-iv.html

Stick to the above and you should do well.