Link Blueprint

ruthwillard

Jun 3, 2011
Hi everyone i am wishing all who are associated to this forum. i have a question regarding on link blueprint. Can anyone give me some info about link blueprint? I am awaiting for the answer.... Thanks to all.

With Regards!
Ruth Willard

Your question is confusing, but I think from the pop up title that you are asking if there is an SEO boost from using domain names that include hyphens. I am guessing that you're asking this because you are thinking of a keyword rich domain name with keywords separated by hyphens. Is this correct?

Keyword domains do not have the same SEO impact that they had a year ago. A good non-hyphenated domain still has a bit of a boost, but they also seem to have been devalued. Hyphenated keyword domains lost a lot of domain name value recently. Gone are the days when buy-widget.com will rank on the first page of Google with a little content and a couple of links. One thing to be careful of is having too many hyphens in the domain... that is a flag for spammy sites.

Hyphens are also more difficult for visitors to remember if you are planning on them returning in the future.

Than again.... they search engines could reset the dial in the future and hyphenated keyword domains would perform well again on the strength of the domain alone.