Leave the spam

SkyFire

Claptrap Overlord
Nov 24, 2007
If you are using the trickle adsense (or whatever ad service) approach, you can keep your content fresh-ish by auto publishing spam (this only applies to WordPress as I know nothing about spam on any other platform).

Super long tail hyper niche sites are the kind of sites you probably create, blast, and never touch again. If you let the spam comments, that make it through askimet, auto publish while stripping the backlinks, you can add new (probably unrelated but still new) content to your pages and posts without any effort.

You'll want to prevent future comments from the same address from autopublishing otherwise you never know what you'll end up with.

It sounds counterproductive but it actually works fairly well. :smilie_weihn_winki: Maybe you already knew this, I don't know. I just discovered it a while back and it turns out to be fairly useful for a small rise in rankings and thought I'd share.

You can accommodate keyword density concerns by limiting the number of comments in the query, say, 10, truncate the comment after X amount of characters, and show them in order of newest to oldest.

Content keeps updating, density stays the same.

Reactions: IceToEskimos
You can accommodate keyword density concerns by limiting the number of comments in the query, say, 10, truncate the comment after X amount of characters, and show them in order of newest to oldest.

Content keeps updating, density stays the same.

that's an elegant solution. I like it.

Or, you could, like, make/obtain a software that scrapes YT comments/tweets/whatever about your keyword and randomly posts them as comments in your blog. :rolleyes:

Or, you could, like, make/obtain a software that scrapes YT comments/tweets/whatever about your keyword and randomly posts them as comments in your blog. :rolleyes:

Or you could let someone else do all that. If you don't code, are just starting out, or don't want to bother, Leave the Spam.