lawsuit filed against Zango

Status
Not open for further replies.

_poto_

Sep 4, 2007
poto.me
I know Jon hates pimpdog (aka Trey, the former owner of Epic Cash), but imho he's not really that bad... at least Trey has the balls to actually sue Zango, unlike so many others in the adult industry who are content to just bitch about it and never do anything...

ImageShack - Hosting :: scan0001xq1.jpg

this lawsuit has been in the works for some time and it's good to see that it's finally moving forward... hopefully those thieving bastards at Zango will get their asses handed to them in court...

did anyone else get a postcard in the mail talking about a lawsuit against cj.com? It sounded retarded. It had something to do with spyware made by other companies stealing commissions from affiliates on cj. I don't get it, why sue CJ? why not the spyware companies? It's retarded.

I've seen this from both sides and I'm still not seeing how zango is stealing from affiliates. I know quite a few affiliates that use zango for their campaigns.

Can unscrupulous affiliates use zango to cookie stuff and steal commissions? Sure, but you can do that with any traffic source. If anything the affiliate networks hold most of the blame here for creating an attractive nuisance by not implementing an alternative to cookie based tracking.

For example, if you open store in downtown Detroit and neglect to put in any anti-theft mechanisms, security cameras or security personnel and you develop a theft problem is it your fault for not protecting your merchandise or is it the cities fault for having a bus stop nearby?

did anyone else get a postcard in the mail talking about a lawsuit against cj.com? It sounded retarded. It had something to do with spyware made by other companies stealing commissions from affiliates on cj. I don't get it, why sue CJ? why not the spyware companies? It's retarded.
If you actually read it you would understand they are saying CJ was complacent in letting the cookies get stolen.

I've seen this from both sides and I'm still not seeing how zango is stealing from affiliates. I know quite a few affiliates that use zango for their campaigns.

Can unscrupulous affiliates use zango to cookie stuff and steal commissions? Sure, but you can do that with any traffic source. If anything the affiliate networks hold most of the blame here for creating an attractive nuisance by not implementing an alternative to cookie based tracking.

For example, if you open store in downtown Detroit and neglect to put in any anti-theft mechanisms, security cameras or security personnel and you develop a theft problem is it your fault for not protecting your merchandise or is it the cities fault for having a bus stop nearby?

It's not just about unscrupulous affiliates. It's about Zango knowing very well what affiliates are doing and supporting these practices. There are always black sheep, but you normally cancel them without payment instead instead of cashing in and laughing about the victims.

It's not just about unscrupulous affiliates. It's about Zango knowing very well what affiliates are doing and supporting these practices. There are always black sheep, but you normally cancel them without payment instead instead of cashing in and laughing about the victims.

By support you must mean rejecting your targets list and turning your campaigns off.

Have you ever even used zango?

I personally like pimpdog :)

If he wins Zango is going to go down. I bet everyone and their mom will start suing them.

totally agree with you on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.