Landing Page Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsYoBuddy

Rise And Grind!
Apr 6, 2008
Philly
Ive been reading a lot of the sticky threads for newbies. I really like to dive into facebook so ive been reading most of those threads/sites. I see a lot of people have really long landing pages. For example, the word press landing page. Do you guys type all that information out? Its a lot of text or is there a tool that does this for you? I rather not steal someone else's work. I'm thinking they just type it themselves.

Also, do you suggest to sign up at PPCCoach.com? Is it worth it? I believe its mostly for google/yahoo/msn, I know it isnt much for facebook.

Thanks,

Buddy

PPCCoach is not worth it in my opinion. Their tools aren't updated and they don't respond to questions that are higher than absolute basic.

The key for LPs is split testing. Make a long page, make a short one, make one with few images, make one with LOTS of images, direct link to offer, etc.

Find the mix that converts best, then scale it.

There is no tool that will type out a landing page for you, you have to do it yourself. Not all LP's have lots of text, many just have very effective images/design, really depends on what you're promoting. Generally the best way to approach this is to see what your competition is doing, as it is probably working for them. In your case, you could see what others are advertising on FB, and what kind of LP they are using. If that is a product/service you are planning to promote, then you can try similar ads/LP and see how is plays. In the end it's all about testing, but that will give you a start. Just make sure not to completely 100% rip their Ads/LP off, be creative, but use it as guidance.

As for PPCCoach.com, I have used it, and I recommend it if you are planning on doing PPC. Correct, they use mostly Google/Yahoo/MSN, the information is divided by months, and each month you get either one or two new methods outline in detail. I learned alot from it, most people who are new at PPC probably will.

If creating ad copy isn't your thing, there are plenty of content writers here who can create original, compelling content at a pretty low cost.

Thanks for the replies. They helped a lot. I just have to pick an offer/niche now. Was there anything that helped you decide what to enter?

I suppose I could go into the popular niche's, like acai, dating, credit report. I suppose that will help me get started...

Take some time every day to read other marketers copy, or better yet type it out... or write it down on piece for paper, and you'll be surprised how fast you will start to get your own ideas and start writing your own copy!

PPCCoach is not worth it in my opinion. Their tools aren't updated and they don't respond to questions that are higher than absolute basic.

The key for LPs is split testing. Make a long page, make a short one, make one with few images, make one with LOTS of images, direct link to offer, etc.

Find the mix that converts best, then scale it.

If I test the landing page, do I make different pages? For example:

landingpage.com/test
landingpage.com/test2
landingpage.com/test3

or do I buy a completely different url? Or do I wait a week then change the page and test it for another week?

Obviously it wouldn't be landingpage.com, nor would it be /test

If I test the landing page, do I make different pages? For example:

landingpage.com/test
landingpage.com/test2
landingpage.com/test3

or do I buy a completely different url? Or do I wait a week then change the page and test it for another week?

Obviously it wouldn't be landingpage.com, nor would it be /test

If you are split testing lps, then use the same url.
If you are split testing urls, then use different urls.

FYI: Install prosper202 before you go ahead with your testing.
Good Luck!

If you are split testing lps, then use the same url.
If you are split testing urls, then use different urls.

FYI: Install prosper202 before you go ahead with your testing.
Good Luck!

So if I am split testing the landing page should I change whatever I change to it and wait a week or so?

With prosper, do you buy a whole completely different domain and hosting to use it on? Or do most of you use it on your websites you promote offers?

So if I am split testing the landing page should I change whatever I change to it and wait a week or so?

With prosper, do you buy a whole completely different domain and hosting to use it on? Or do most of you use it on your websites you promote offers?

The wait does not depend on time but rather on the number of clicks for most people. If you can generate enough clicks in a day, then splite test every day. If it takes a week, then wait a week. Now, the volume of clicks varies person to person. Some split test on 50 clicks, or 100 clicks or 500 clicks, its your call.

As for prosper install, you can use a subdomain in your current domain if you dont want to spend the extra cash.

The wait does not depend on time but rather on the number of clicks for most people. If you can generate enough clicks in a day, then splite test every day. If it takes a week, then wait a week. Now, the volume of clicks varies person to person. Some split test on 50 clicks, or 100 clicks or 500 clicks, its your call.

As for prosper install, you can use a subdomain in your current domain if you dont want to spend the extra cash.

Alright, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Not sure if you have experienced facebook, but I don't believe I would be able to change the link anyway if I would to test the landing pages by doing it this way:

landingpage.com/test etc, etc.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.