Landing Page Optimization

BobbyDigital

May 13, 2007
Hi,

Getting into AM now and creating landing pages for the campaigns, wondering how big in terms of file size is a good LP?

I assume you want the page to load fast and was wondering what others use as a max file size?

Thanks
Bobby

Hi,

Getting into AM now and creating landing pages for the campaigns, wondering how big in terms of file size is a good LP?

I assume you want the page to load fast and was wondering what others use as a max file size?

Thanks
Bobby

Concentrate on getting as many people to click through to the offer as possible. Fuck the size of the LP, its irrelavant. If you are serious about this game you should have a dedicated box to host all your domains on which should have plenty of bandwidth unless you plan on using shit loads of video driven content or whatever.

Concentrate on getting as many people to click through to the offer as possible. Fuck the size of the LP, its irrelavant. If you are serious about this game you should have a dedicated box to host all your domains on which should have plenty of bandwidth unless you plan on using shit loads of video driven content or whatever.

Size of the page will affect CTR if the viewer has slow internet. So you are wrong about the dedicated box.

But All-in-all dont worry about size.

If your page is EXACTLY 5mb, you'll rank #1 in Google for your TITLE tag too! Since I stumbled on this secret, I have been telling everybody and we're all getting rich. Unlimited keyword combos man... so I don't really care about sharing this info.

Word.

Size of the page will affect CTR if the viewer has slow internet. So you are wrong about the dedicated box.

But All-in-all dont worry about size.

About 90% of my referers use cable connection or high speed lines so building pages for that 10% that use dial up is pointless.

If your page is EXACTLY 5mb, you'll rank #1 in Google for your TITLE tag too! Since I stumbled on this secret, I have been telling everybody and we're all getting rich. Unlimited keyword combos man... so I don't really care about sharing this info.

Word.

+rep ty for info

Thanks for the replies all, even the BS 5mb one (good for a few laughs + standard here @ WF).

Let's assume 50% is dialup, think 100k is ok?

Your page should load within 10-25 seconds total at 56k bps

You should also make sure that when it loads it fills in with stuff to look at and not have stupid tables that make shit wait and then all appear at once.

You need to also factor in people on 300 baud modems, I'd make the page < 1K just to be safe. No images, no scripts, nothing but text - now you'll get all the 300 baud audience quickly loading your page.

No need to +rep me, btw, every non noob knows this so its no secret.

That 10% that still use dial-up, and the ones that still use IE 6 etc are the best converting traffic there is.

True. Much like AOL traffic, people who are still dialing into the web are likely to fall for your pitch before other more seasoned surfers so don't make a huge page if you don't have to.

Also, you only have a few seconds to make an impression so make sure that the page loads fast... and if you just have to make a heavy page get to know CSS well enough to prioritize what loads first. That way the most important parts are visible asap. This will lower your bounce rate somewhat.

True. Much like AOL traffic, people who are still dialing into the web are likely to fall for your pitch before other more seasoned surfers so don't make a huge page if you don't have to.

True, and don't use a lot of colors I can't see them. I'm on my C64 @ 300 baud.

If you can make something that will work on my cassette tape drive, even better. Do that, and I'll buy 20 of everything you got.