Landing Page Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvincent

Mar 9, 2009
So I'm ever increasingly interested in ensuring my landing pages are fully compliant with various advertising laws. I was wondering if anyone had any advice as for resources to utilize to try to determine this myself (not dying to have a lawyer check my pages every time I make a change)? Googled for various FTC advertising law queries but there's thousands of pages of text, and none of it is perfectly clear.

Anyone know of a good document detailing landing page compliance, or a summarized version of the things to watch out for, or any particular segment of the FTC laws that relates directly to what we do?

If you want to be safe get a lawyer. I recommend Venable. They are very familiar with FDA / FTC laws and how they apply to advertising

yeah I've heard of them before but also heard they're like $350-400/hour to have them do anything for you. seems pricey if they have to be constantly looking at ad copy/pages/etc.

yeah I've heard of them before but also heard they're like $350-400/hour to have them do anything for you. seems pricey if they have to be constantly looking at ad copy/pages/etc.

That's the going rate for good legal advice... hell, shitty legal advice costs about that much too.

Ask Adsonar what you need to get a flog or news style article to run and they will give you the laundry list for FTC compliance. Lots of conversion friendly stuff there.

These are some things that I know you need:

• Have "this is an advertisement" at the top somewhere.
  • Need an asterisk * near the words "free" on a page.
  • Have the terms & conditions of the offer/offers somewhere on the page.
  • Need the shipping and handling charges if they apply.

Ask Adsonar what you need to get a flog or news style article to run and they will give you the laundry list for FTC compliance. Lots of conversion friendly stuff there.

if anyone's done this and has their response, would be great if you could post it. emailing them but in all my interactions w/ adsonar they take forever to respond to anything.

Venable FTW. Worth it to get a real legal opinion if you are on a slippery slope. I can also get you in touch with another boutique attorney that is very good with compliance but still is going to be pricey. PM if you want some info.

Status
Not open for further replies.