Labor day BBQ timeline

Alltimed

Mar 6, 2007
So a friend of mine is headed over to Afghanistan soon so we decided to throw him a going away party tomorrow. His favorite food is pulled pork so his wife asked if I could smoke some up for him. The party is tomorrow around 6 o'clock so I am going with low and slow overnight. Here is the pork after the rub is applied and before going on the smoker (which is about 5 minutes from now).

24qk6kp.jpg

Fuck the people making fun of the meat. Pulled pork done right is heaven. Good luck with the smoker bro.

I have the 18" Weber Smokey Mountain which uses charcoal. Subigo, if you still live on Battlefield maybe you can step outside and smell its goodness, or I'll pull your pork.

I wish I had the means/patience to BBQ properly like that. I can pull my weight grilling but the slow stuff is a whole other world.

You can buy the wood pellet smokers by Traeger, once you get the fire started it will run at that temperature until you run out of pellets or turn it off. Charcoal isn't that bad, I can run a 14-16 hour smoke with one refill of charcoal. I have a wireless temperature gauge so I always know what time it is, and I'm looking forward to purchasing a temperature control system for the winter months.

I was going to try to express my joy of pulled pork and any slow cooked meat, but it just got gayer the more I tried. I'll settle with saying that there are few things better than some juicy, succulent pulled pork in a hot bbq sauce, and I'll throw in a (no homo) and move on.

Its the Sam's Club Boston Butt, I've cooked a few of these and they always turn out real well. I use the Fantastic Mr Brown recipe and have yet to have any complaints.

I got a question about a certain kind of cut of pork that I wanna grill up this weekend maybe you can help me find it. My neighbor grilled up some of this pork that was very tick in cut at least an inch thick. It didn't look like any of your regular pork cuts that I've ever seen and it was pretty fucking good so I'd like to try it out.

The only thing i can find that I think might look like it was in this picture on the bottom right.

meat_meat_meat_005.jpg

That looks like the kind of cut it might of been because the meat wasn't one big piece of meat but it looked like sections of meat surrounded by fat almost like a big thick piece of bacon would look like.

edit: sorry about the big picture I didn't think it was that big.

A close friend of mine used to do catering of huge parties with this company called Bubb's Big Texas Barbecue. He taught me the best fucking way to cook ribs at home in the stove... rub the ribs down with whatever seasonings you like... then completely wrap the ribs in saran wrap. Then put the wrapped ribs in a shallow pan with about 1.5" of water in the bottom. Cook at 250 for 2 hours. juiciest ribs i've ever had.