Kim Dotcom: The Man Behind Megaupload

Why isn't he in jail yet? You don't conduct a raid like that without having enough evidence to convict if wanted.

Is Kim a two-faced piece of shit who now works for the government?

You didn't follow that, did you.

Yes, the raid was conducted without enough prior evidence.

law-order-police-policemen-crimes-criminals-crime-mban1221l.jpg

The raid was also illegal in NZ, as the US does not hold any legal power there. The compliance with the US was highly disputed and condemned by other NZ judges.

angry%20judge.jpg

The charges were dropped, because the US could not find evidence in the massive data in the timeframe allowed.. they asked for an extension of a few months and were laughed out of court.

ArticleImage_31822_Feature.jpg

::emp::

He needs to do an AMA. I thought megaupload was just a decent uploading site till they showed the shit he owns. I was like watttttttt. Dat big brand site.

He needs to do an AMA. I thought megaupload was just a decent uploading site till they showed the shit he owns. I was like watttttttt. Dat big brand site.

That's how the internet works :338:

Moving into communications - that'll piss off some people - MegaTalk? Maype?

If you're paying attention Kim lay's out the blueprint for the worlds next set of billionaires. Not sure what to work on? Read between the lines.

Kim Dotcom was on 60 minutes last night.

it was everyone pretty much saying he's a thief and he said he's not guilty. not sure if it was rerun or not because I remember seeing 60 minutes interview him before.

Care to give a hint?

The future of the internet is going to be privacy. And the only way to get privacy is to put the power of the internet back in the users hands. This may include a mass decentralization of the internet, all while a wide adoptation of encryption goes underway. You will see things like decentralized search, decentralized ISP's using peoples phones, computers and smart dust, Decentralized banking (bitcoin)

There will be a tremendous battle over the future of the web. There are those that would like to keep things the way they are (almost no security) and keeping a transparent internet. Then there are those that are going to demand and take their privacy back.

Software and hardware developers are at a major turning point. They have a real opportunity to put the power back in the peoples hands. There will always be ways to get at encrypted data, but those willing to build WEB 3.0 will have a real choice to make. A choice to give the control back to the people, or they will kill privacy and keep all the control & power(information) with those powers that be.

The future of the internet is going to be privacy. And the only way to get privacy is to put the power of the internet back in the users hands. This may include a mass decentralization of the internet, all while a wide adoptation of encryption goes underway. You will see things like decentralized search, decentralized ISP's using peoples phones, computers and smart dust, Decentralized banking (bitcoin)

There will be a tremendous battle over the future of the web. There are those that would like to keep things the way they are (almost no security) and keeping a transparent internet. Then there are those that are going to demand and take their privacy back.

Software and hardware developers are at a major turning point. They have a real opportunity to put the power back in the peoples hands. There will always be ways to get at encrypted data, but those willing to build WEB 3.0 will have a real choice to make. A choice to give the control back to the people, or they will kill privacy and keep all the control & power(information) with those powers that be.

Things like this reminds me of Diaspora. I do agree people want their privacy but not at the cost of convenience. Whatever option emerges, the only way it'll receive widespread adoption is if it's no harder than the existing option.

can't wait til the day i'm rich enough to walk around with a cape on and nobody notice :zzwhip:

Fun fact he is also the greatest COD player on the planet number 1 of 15 mil.