Keyword Research In The Online Gaming Niche

poisonsembrace

Nov 22, 2009
I had far too much to drink over lunch today and made a video about keyword research re: online gaming. Feedback? Let me know.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMamlJZ06kw]YouTube - Keyword Research In The Online Gaming Niche - PART 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ03OmAfyn4]YouTube - Keyword Research In The Online Gaming Niche - PART 2[/ame]

If you didn't like it or don't want to watch, here are some FoH tits to placate you.

163022d1297016847-funny-strange-random-pics-1285902146209.jpg

163030d1297016992-funny-strange-random-pics-1284317957551.jpg

163035d1297017273-funny-strange-random-pics-dsc00277e.jpg

tits > videos

I tried man. Made it to around 4 minutes when, after rambling about I don't know what, you said, 'OK now, just a little history here...'

Maybe I'll come later for this history of online gaming niches.

More likely though it'll be for the tits.

Yeah, I figured if I come bearing monotone videos then I better bring some tits as well but thanks for trying :)

All you have to do is research/guess what games are coming out and grab the domains. I out-ranked modern warfare 2's official site for months and months to the point I thought they may get pissed off and sue me. The eventually got #1 and I sold the site/forum (cod6.org & modernwarfare2.net). Did the same shit with Crysis Warhead and COD5.

Game hacks is also another little sub-niche that's fairly easy to nail.

Check this out: https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?ci=6711&domain=bf3.com

BF3 will arguably be one of the biggest releases of the next few years. Just look at how fucking epic BF2 was, I have no doubt BF3 will be the same.

You can grab bf3.com for $5,000 and you're sure to take #2 at worst behind the main site. Kind of expensive but you're almost gaureenteed to rank top 2 for a $5,000 investment. Hell if I had an extra $5,000 laying around and the time to fuck with it, I'd buy the fucker and turn it into a community. You can see it's already getting type-in traffic. Should be no problem making back your $5,000. You could setup a mailing list for pre-orders and make your money back on that alone. Soon as pre-order is available blast out the email with aff link. Then after the game comes out just sell the site/forum to someone who's actually into the game and will upkeep it with posts and moderating and shit.

EA may try to sue it away form you though, IW never fucked with me and my domains and whoever makes Crysis never fucked with me either. But EA I hear can be kind of dickish.

That's an awesome domain name but I'm not sure what EA/Dice track record is like in regards to domains. Blizzard is traditionally pretty good when it comes to fansites provided you aren't promoting hacks (Wowglider for example, what a shit storm for the owner).

I think that's too broad though. I look at websites like mmo-champion and think the new owners (Curse) spread themselves way too thin and that offers an opportunity to jump in and take over a niche of a new game.