Key Word help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V12Kid

On Page#1 Bitches!
Jun 23, 2006
hideinmy.com
hey gang

I am an affiliate for some cell phone stuff and I am having the hardest time finding low priced keywords in this genre. My main catch will be words related to cingular but the problem is every word that has cingular in it requires $5 to even have the word eligible for search! Its riduculous!

I tried a few words like cell phone, sms text messaging etc etc and they all are $2.50+ I really need the traffic or my site will all go to waste. I will admit this is my 1st attmept at a ppc campaign and my budget is horrid but I think once I find the proper keywords ill be ok :)

anyone want to chime in becuase im frustrated as a mofo!

How are you choosing your keywords? What research have you done to find out if the keywords you've picked are good or not?

You probably need to do better research for your keyword terms.

Also look at some of the second tier ppc networks if you want it cheaper.

im just using all the free keyword gen's found all over. gooles and yahoo each have one and there are a few 3rd party ones. I thought I had some 2nd and 3rd tier keywords that might work and so far they have not produced any real results.

I am now looking to 2nd and 3rd tier ppc networks as im in the middle of a $5.00+ battle on google that I just wont win at this point

If you haven´t already got Keyword Elite then now might be the time to get it as they are implementing a new function next week and the price might go up. Function 2 I think will hunt down worthwhile keywords! The video presentations are a quick intro to the program and I reccomment them

Another tool I have found useful is [FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AdWordAccelerator[/FONT] that will predict what words are word investing you time on and what are a waste or over competiitve - They also have a program called AdsenseAccelerator which is more niched towards adsense publishers!. The only problem is both these bundles have closed memberships at the moment. You have to put youself on a waiting list!

A few more tools in my signature - all of which I have found usefull as a Adwords user!
[FONT=Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

/Scott
[/FONT]

giles- that tool is decent but I have already used most those via the other free tools found on the net. Great keywords, all too much$$

Scott- the program you reference is already closed..

the search continues..

Just try smaller search engines or Google's content network.. even AdBrite can probably give you some solid traffic for normally high priced keywords. Searchfeed.com is pretty good for a small engine. I know 7search.com is starting to get a bit better, and even the most expensive keywords around go for at most, 10 cents a click. I've never seen higher than that on SearchFeed.com, ever. Just because your keywords are expensive doesn't meant you have to give up and look for something else. Get creative with your PPC campaigns. As a webmaster you should know from your peers already that maybe Adsense is cheaper than search? Plus, let's not forget that going after even the smallest keywords that get maybe a click or two a day can really add up if you've got hundreds or even thousands of them. Let the big boys win and spend a shitload of their campaign cash on general overpriced keywords. As a little guy, you have more leverage over them than you think, because you have a brain, they only have drones spending their unlimited cash budgets. That's not smart business.

thanks for the tips guys and the pep talk Jon, damn I really need a hug right now..lol

still searching though..will def look into the other tier networks you mentioned Jon

I did try a mispelled word and believe it or not it was just as expensive lol I was all excited that maybe I had found a good source for traffic but it was not. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.