Keep Running or Kill?

RayHanz14

Jan 8, 2010
Philly
I'm running a campaign right now where my average CPC is higher than the offer's payout. Obviously this business model sucks and something needs to be done. My CTR and conversions have been increasing over the last week so I would hate to completely stop the campaign since I feel like I'm getting it closer to being profitable. The payout is $1 and right now my Avg. CPC is $1.64 (and increasing). Here's where I stand:

Being run on MSN. My long tail KW's aren't getting impressions and the short tails are getting 98% of the impressions.

Stats for Last 30 days:
Impressions= 13,960
Clicks= 91
CTR = .65%
Conversions=11
Spend= 102. 25
Revenue= 11.00

Stats for the last 7 days
Impressions= 11,418
Clicks= 80
CTR= .70%
Conversions= 10
Spend= 84.60
Avg. Ad Position= 3.55
Revenue= 10.00

I've continuously been optimizing my best ads and feel like this campaign is gaining momentum. Am I right?

- Ray

conversion rate is decent (10 conversions/80 clicks). the short KWs may be getting all the clicks but thats why the cpc is so high. try to create a pretty long KW list of just long tails. the idea is to create a long enough list that it would make up for the lack of volume you would get in comparison to the shorter, more competitive KWs. a good ctr will also decrease your cpc

You're paying $1.50+ per click on a $1 lead offer? You seem to be rolling in 700%+ Negative ROI right now. If I were you, I would drop this specific traffic source, or the campaign altogether.

This is purely annecdotal since it is just a single instance but I narrowed down to a single converting keyword in google and tried to scale out to msn, msn was 3 times more expensive (~1.00 on msn vs ~.30 on googs), so maybe try one of the other search providers.

kernd.jpg