Karma.

force-11

PHP |㋛
Jul 27, 2009
I don't really believe in karma, but I do believe in doing good with good luck. I've recently experienced the overwhelming success of 3 high converting sites in a row, with no end in sight at this point.

I've been sopping it away in a bank account, reinvesting it however I can, etc. but I want to do some good with it as well. I'm not at the ten million a year point yet (or even 1 million/year), so I'm not about to make a world changing donation, but I'd like to make a good donation to something that seems cool.

Sell me on your favorite charities. Should be tax deductible for Canadians, hopefully a charity where if I make a reasonable donation I can directly see something cool happening with my money.

For me I'd donate to local charities that provide services to a whole community, not just a slice of it,.

Northern Region Westpac Lifesaver Rescue Helicopter Service
and
Surf Life Saving Australia

The top link is for a rescue helicopter service that saves countless lives per year in my area, they're also involved in Search and Rescue operations and often play the role of an airborne ambulance.

The second link is for Surf Life Saving Australia, the lifeguards on the beach who'll pull you out when you get in over your head.

I'm not saying other charities are less deserving, but these types of Charities stand out from the crowd to me because they help people from all different backgrounds daily and selflessly.

And for the record, I've made a few donations to the Westpac Rescue Helicopter in the past and will give to them again, as well as a few other charities and not-for-profit's that I've had dealings with.

Music for All - Bands of America

Drum Corps International :: Marching Music's Major League - Drum Corps International (and individual corps)

The Humane Society of the United States : The Humane Society of the United States - Humane Society (and local chapters)

and Local groups. I give a lot of time to local high school bands, including working as staff, writing music, etc.

Music and animals, my biggest soft spots. High school band, especially marching band, was a big thing in my life, major motivator and got me on the right track, so I like giving back.

I've given time to high school bands for 5-6 years straight now, teaching brass and percussion, conducting, getting drill set. 8-10 hour days during training for 2-3 weeks straight in the July/August South Carolina heat+humidity every year, moving equipment for them, going to competitions on saturdays as staff with waking up at 6AM to be there before the students, and leaving after midnight to go home. Worth all of it.

I think you should distribute your donations yourself.

Examples would be, Gifting stuff to orphan or displaced children. Socks, shoes, cloths, food. Maybe even cheap Netbooks, may be just the thing they need to give themselves a chance in the modern future.

Feeding by capital donation and time, the hungry and homeless on holidays like easter which is coming up. Holidays can be very rough for these people and tough on their spirit. Your time and donation could really lift that, and they will always remember you for that.

Maybe there is a handicapped child that needs equipment or help that the family can't afford.

There is a lot of great things you could do! Just do it from your heart, and you can't go wrong.