Justification for a C/Block?

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
Hi all,

I've been looking into purchasing a dedicated server with its own C-Block recently. The problem is that to get an entire C-Block, you need to provide justification. The justification is not for the hosting provider, but for ARIN, who is tasked with the job of allocating the few remaining IPv4 addresses.

What is a good justification that I can use to get as many IPs as I want?

Nice. Thanks guys.

Also was talking to a guy on WebHostingTalk (damn they are hostile to anyone who asks for hosting with a bunch of IPs over there - bitching about IPv4 running out and everything) who said that most hosts already have a bunch of blocks reserved for them from ARIN. When they run out of those blocks, they have to fill out a bunch of paperwork to get more. However, some hosts are willing to give you IPs for almost no justification at all, as long as you are flashing the bills. They just ask you for justification to keep their asses covered. Then it's there problem when they run out of blocks.

Pinging this thread one more time to ask if anyone has experience with BurstNet. They are giving me some trouble. PM me if you do please

If I say I have VPS clients that I am moving to a new server, and they ask for the FQDN associated with each IP (as they are required to submit this to ARIN), would it be valid for me to give them a list like "vpsnodeXXXX.myvpshost.com" ?

If I say I have VPS clients that I am moving to a new server, and they ask for the FQDN associated with each IP (as they are required to submit this to ARIN), would it be valid for me to give them a list like "vpsnodeXXXX.myvpshost.com" ?

They are going to want to see domain names.Then they will check if they are live and not just made up.

Amerinoc.com