Just sold my first domain - what's the best use of the money I made?

Cthuloo

Dec 22, 2011
I've been buying up domains over the past 2 months or so, accumulating just under 100 so far. I've listed them all on Sedo and Afternic, but my first interested buyer actually found me through the whois info. After some back and forth, I suggested a price of $2500 and he accepted (which makes me think I started too low, but I think it was a fair price). Now I've got $2500 sitting in my bank account.

So far I've spent around $1500 purchasing domains, so this one sale has paid for all of my domains, and left me with a sizable return on investment.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to put this money to good use. Should I pay for some featured listings? Appraisals? Drop services? Pay to host/develop some of the domains? Sign up for some premium domain/keyword research tools?

My main goal is to sell more domains (obviously), maintain a decent inventory turnover, and cover the renewal costs of whatever domains I haven't sold yet.

Feedback is appreciated :)

buy more of them!

(and though you wont get 2500 bucks from me if you have some pr2,3,4,5 i'm buying for my blog network... PM me if you like)

Yeah, I agree with everyone else... The only thing I'd do different is to sit in the 1k profit you made for a little bit, and try to unpack a few more domains, and then use that money to reinvest (the money you made from the few other domains you sell)... I'd save the 1k until you've got a solid plan, and have gotten the selling down pat and you have a few sales under your belt...

Thats just me, but hey man, definite congrats from me... I wish you the best of luck!

I've been buying up domains over the past 2 months or so, accumulating just under 100 so far. I've listed them all on Sedo and Afternic, but my first interested buyer actually found me through the whois info. After some back and forth, I suggested a price of $2500 and he accepted (which makes me think I started too low, but I think it was a fair price). Now I've got $2500 sitting in my bank account.

So far I've spent around $1500 purchasing domains, so this one sale has paid for all of my domains, and left me with a sizable return on investment.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to put this money to good use. Should I pay for some featured listings? Appraisals? Drop services? Pay to host/develop some of the domains? Sign up for some premium domain/keyword research tools?

My main goal is to sell more domains (obviously), maintain a decent inventory turnover, and cover the renewal costs of whatever domains I haven't sold yet.

WOW!that's sounds great man,wish i had that amount of money like you for domain flipping :(.its very lucrative business though,wish you very best of luck with it :)

Congrats! I wish I could sell a domain at that price. How much did you buy the domain for? Anyway, what about using the money to build simple websites for some of the domains, which in turn will increase value of the domains?

Invest this money , ofcourse not all to facebook and twitter marketing is a good methood :)

Thanks

Buy more domains & try to create some niche website that sell them on flippa,i would have done that if i had that amount of money right now.

Hey, congrats on getting a nice fat stack for the domain. I'd reinvest like most have already said - more domains. But be selective and look for those with some interesting keywords in the domain name - the right name could be great for a repeat performance!

Congratz on your nice sale! I suggest you to start looking for after future projects, good luck!

Rokas.

hey bro,
I think you're the one who can answer my question properly.. I got domains but I don't know what to do to make them sell properly with profits... I got 6 months - 2 years domain with close to non traffic and No sales (pure articles only) ranking on (mostly 2nd page of SERP's)

Thanks man! here's the thread
http://www.wickedfire.com/hosting-domains/158819-what-do-improve-aged-site-sell.html

Appreciate the help bro!