Status
Not open for further replies.

bdpartners

May 17, 2007
UT
www.bdpartnersintl.com
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have worked in the import/export industry with Japan for the past 7 years. The past 5 months I have been educating myself on the affiliate network / internet marketing game and am attempting to switch industries (getting out of dealing with physical merchandise and dealing exclusively in promotions).

I have identified many International companies that have established a presence in Japan and are looking for affiliates to promote them (I also have many native Japanese companies that would like me to promote them as well but their pay-outs are awful since they are so new to the game)

I am looking for the right partner to help me devise and implement a marketing campaign representing these merchants. I bring language and knowledge of the Japanese market to the table. I also have a limited amount of internet saavy but am not a programmer by any means (that's where you come in).

The Japanese market is quirky and tough to break into; but second to the US as being the most lucrative. The good news is it's relatively virgin territory compared to the US but it will take some trial and error to get dialed in with what works over there.

If interested please hit me up on AIM screenname: bravgo

Interested but
past 5 months I have been educating myself on the affiliate network / internet marketing game
does this mean you've actually gone and tried out stuff or have you just been reading blogs and forum posts? No offence meant, just want to know more about your experience.

My understanding of the Japenese market is that it's a tough one. Not a lot of trust in buying on the interenet. Am I correct to say that? To me that would be a huge hurdle to over come.

do u understand Japanese ? if so plz let me know as i want to establish a Japanese website.

>> The Japanese market is quirky and tough to break into; but second to the US as being the most lucrative.

Wrong, the UK is the next most lucrative market.
The British pound is pretty strong at the moment and you should check out the prices for items going on eBay.

There're a number of eBayers buying stuff on eBay.com and selling it to eBay.co.uk for a decent profit.

-
I live in Asia, and the Japan market is pretty domestic focused.
They are fairly prejudiced against foreign goods, except Hollywood movies, Michael Jackson and American women.

Maybe you could do something in those areas?

Oh, and a contact tried export laptops out of Japan into the US and other places. Though the default Japanese install of Win XP (I guess it'd be Jap Win Vista now) would be a bitch to deal with...

I live in Japan and I agree that Japan is pretty inward-facing in terms of markets. Part of it is culture, partly language. There are opportunities here but I think that it is easier to concentrate on the US/UK markets even if you live here. There was a blog post somewhere, where someone blew $20,000 in loans trying to break into the Afghan market, you'd get similar results here unless you really understood the culture.

(And while Michael Jackson is still big here, there's not much interest in American women.)

Status
Not open for further replies.