Is this Racist?

BeerNuts

Sep 4, 2008
www.beermonies.com
So I keep seeing these ads for NBC's new fall shows "Undercover" and "The Event"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5hOs923TRg"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Both shows have prominent black characters, the event has some promo video about a black president, and the two lead roles in undercover are a black couple.

But at the end of both previews (which they are running on other channels) at the end say "More Colorful."

I was shocked the first time I saw it, and then I saw the other preview and was even more shocked. This seems like horrible PR and a network this big should not have to say "look now we have black people" because that's what they are doing.

So I keep seeing these ads for NBC's new fall shows "Undercover" and "The Event"

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Both shows have prominent black characters, the event has some promo video about a black president, and the two lead roles in undercover are a black couple.

But at the end of both previews (which they are running on other channels) at the end say "More Colorful."

I was shocked the first time I saw it, and then I saw the other preview and was even more shocked. This seems like horrible PR and a network this big should not have to say "look now we have black people" because that's what they are doing.
Yeah, what a stupid slogan.

"More colorful"

They act like their logo is a Peacock or something.

How about this, is it racist? (advertisement for basketball league in Australia).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1jQe9dw6WY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Has it been their logo(not the peacock, the more colorful)? I haven't turned on NBC or any mainstream network for over 10yrs. All I see is ads for black people and them saying they are more colorful. I also have yet to see a ad for a show full of white people that had this slogan.

Has it been their logo(not the peacock, the more colorful)? I haven't turned on NBC or any mainstream network for over 10yrs. All I see is ads for black people and them saying they are more colorful. I also have yet to see a ad for a show full of white people that had this slogan.

You're grasping for things to justify yourself now...

They've used the peacock since the 1950's and they use their official slogan "More Colorful" at the end of all new show promos since 2009.

Next you're going to tell us that the NBA is racist since all the refs are white and most of the players are black.

Next you're going to tell us that the NBA is racist since all the refs are white and most of the players are black.

I'm glad someone else as spotted this! Really think about it. Who has the power the players or the refs? OF COURSE IT'S THE WHITE PEOPLE (refs). FUCK NBC FUCK THE NBA!@#

You're grasping for things to justify yourself now...

They've used the peacock since the 1950's and they use their official slogan "More Colorful" at the end of all new show promos since 2009.

Well no shit its been the peacock, its been that practically since the network started. My issue was with the "More Colorful" which seemed like a recent change to me. Which you guys have confirmed as only being a year old.

What I am pointing out is that they are running previews on other networks (HGTV, Sci-Fi) ONLY for these two shows and both previews make it a point to show that the main characters of the shows are black. I have seen these previews several times, but I have not seen any for any other new shows. It seems like they are making it a point to specifically tell people that they have new shows with black leads. It just seemed nuts that they had "More Colorful" attached.

Actually I also saw a preview for this show...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e7DndFck-k"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

It also doesn't help their case for the "more colorful" slogan. When I see it I read "Now with Minorities" not that they are showing more unique/diverse programing.

LOL, can't say there haven't been all-white shows in the past..

The thing that's funny to me, is how commercials whether they feature 2 people, 3, 4, 5, etc.. will no matter what, include a minority: which is obviously due to the company being in fear of being challenged as racist.

Friend who works at an abercrombie who's in charge of hiring staff even confirmed it himself, they must have a race quota filled, regardless of qualification.

Is this right? No, was it right in the past in the reversed situation? No.. but it's continuing the same path in a reversed situation which is equally wrong.. pisses me off.

Well no shit its been the peacock, its been that practically since the network started. My issue was with the "More Colorful" which seemed like a recent change to me. Which you guys have confirmed as only being a year old.

What I am pointing out is that they are running previews on other networks (HGTV, Sci-Fi) ONLY for these two shows and both previews make it a point to show that the main characters of the shows are black. I have seen these previews several times, but I have not seen any for any other new shows. It seems like they are making it a point to specifically tell people that they have new shows with black leads. It just seemed nuts that they had "More Colorful" attached.

You're right, they're racist and you need to stay flabbergasted.

I'm done.

How about this, is it racist? (advertisement for basketball league in Australia).

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

No, I don't see why that would be racist.. I don't see why the OP's preview is racist either. Then again, I typically don't notice the colour of peoples skin...

Morgan Freeman breaks it down:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

No, I don't see why that would be racist.. I don't see why the OP's preview is racist either. Then again, I typically don't notice the colour of peoples skin...

Morgan Freeman breaks it down:

I agree 100% With Morgan Freeman on the issue of Black History Month and what I like even more is the fact that Mike Wallace clearly identified himself as Jewish when Morgan asked him if he had a "white history month".

Most Jews identify them selves as a RACE as Wallace did in this interview, but it is non-Jews with left wing agenda's under their belts that seem to insist that Jews are not a race but rather a religion. If the majority of Jews want to admit that they are a race, then that is their choice, gentiles should but their noses out of the matter.

LOL, can't say there haven't been all-white shows in the past..

The thing that's funny to me, is how commercials whether they feature 2 people, 3, 4, 5, etc.. will no matter what, include a minority: which is obviously due to the company being in fear of being challenged as racist.

Friend who works at an abercrombie who's in charge of hiring staff even confirmed it himself, they must have a race quota filled, regardless of qualification.

Is this right? No, was it right in the past in the reversed situation? No.. but it's continuing the same path in a reversed situation which is equally wrong.. pisses me off.

Since non-whites make up about 40% of the 18-34 year old demographic, it would make sense to have a few more "colorful" faces advertising their products. That is, if they want to make more sales. People feel comfortable buying from those like themselves. You're a marketer... you should know this.

There's more info here about the racial composition of this age group: http://www.transad.pop.upenn.edu/downloads/Rumbaut figures.pdf

A local brand can get away with having only white faces, or a brand that caters to older consumers, since the white percentage there is much higher. But a national brand selling to young people would be stupid not to include the faces that make up their market.

Think, and don't be mad, bro.

early-racial-profiling.jpg

Yeah!!! He has to hire black people who don't even drink coffee at starbucks and don't like to dress like twits. No qualifications whatsoever!!!