Is This Against The Adsense TOS (Yet)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

natekapi

Dec 27, 2006
South Beach
www.spoofcard.com
Is something like this, using an image with shadows in the background, against the Adsense and YPN ToS yet?

371171790_bb1d7ec99f_o.jpg

i'm not sure but i would ask a rep at both places. i've read that there should be some visible border around the ads, separating it from the content. whether a shadow would constitute a border i'm not sure.

I read somewhere that it's okay for stuff like that, but don't ask me where

I've seen much worse. In fact, I have done much worse. I think the images that are against the TOS are images that blatantly try to look like they are an inherent part of each individual ad listing.

no links

How bad do you think it is, to remove the URL's from the Adsense adverts, Ive seen a few places do it, and have the code to do it as a result, seems to work pretty well, and stops nubs copying the URL and going direct, which could only help CTR/$$$

Btw I when playing around with the code, was able to remove the "Ads from goooogle" (obviously against TOS) but changing it to "Site Menu" made it look good for the few mins i was playing with it, would get you banned pretty quick but people would go click crazy on it.

How bad do you think it is, to remove the URL's from the Adsense adverts, Ive seen a few places do it, and have the code to do it as a result, seems to work pretty well, and stops nubs copying the URL and going direct, which could only help CTR/$$$

You can do almost anything if you start messing with the show_ads.js file. I wouldn't recommend it however, as changing the code in that file is against Google's TOS. There are other ways to get creative with adsense without modifying their code...

Btw I when playing around with the code, was able to remove the "Ads from goooogle" (obviously against TOS) but changing it to "Site Menu" made it look good for the few mins i was playing with it, would get you banned pretty quick but people would go click crazy on it.
You'd get booted for sure if you removed the URL.

The sites i witnessed removing the URL's are still doing it, and their major content providers (could be the reason their getting away with it mind you). Worth checking with them i think.

They may not be just removing the URLs and getting away with it, if they're major providers, they can get special treatment, and get to use a different ad layout.

Hey there man, you need to do this

Hey, ask darkdrift here on the forums abouth adsense and getting banned. It is way harder to ever trick the system and get an account for adsense then adwords, I am having a hard enough time doing just that.

Cheers,

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.