Is there an android app for this: Connectalptop to internet via phone?

writtenstyle

newbie taking action
Nov 3, 2008
I found some apps where I can get internet from my computer to my phone, but I was wondering if I could get my android to connect my computer to the internet via USB or something. Use my laptop with my android's internet service.

I thought I heard some one talking about one, I just cant find it.

I have a HTC Desire that received the Froyo update recently which allows me turn it into a wireless hot spot. I was using an app before that though, but I had to use a usb cable.

What phone do you have and what version are you running? PC or Mac?

I think I have an LG Ally. You were using a USB? That is what want to do. What app was that?

Doesn't Foyo have usb teathering/internet too?

Yeah teathering is native with Froyo. You have the option to connect by usb or wifi.

Before Froyo I was using the PdaNet app to connect to my phones internet connection on my Mac.

Im gonna sound like an idiot but w/e.. i have an HTC Magic anyone else got one of those? I also heard i can use my phone as a wifi spot.. which is pretty sick... anyone doin that w/ the HTC magic?

I am using it right now with my HTC Evo 4, phone is a hotspot.. Has a switch in the setting to turn it on.. of course it costs to have it connect.. I am out of town and the internet here sux, so I decided to try it and it is very good actually.

I used my droid tethered with PDaNet as my sole source of internet for 2 months.