is selling website to adword advertisers a good idea?

cowsgonemad

Jun 11, 2010
Behind a proxy
i could not think of any other section to put this in.

well so an idea just popped up in my mind. I was wondering if it would be agood idea to try and sell your website to companies that advertise on it through google content network?

for instance i have a mini-site targeting a certain physical product and it gets around 10,000 Unique visitros a month almost 100% from search engines. i'm currently monetising it through adsense but i thought that someone who sells that product could make much more from that traffic especially since its all highly targeted.

if they could get like 150 sales a month from 10k visitors ( a measly 1.5% conversion rate) and make $15-20 profit per sale, they could genereate like $3k a month in profit. so how about I offer to sell them the site for $8-9k something? they could make the cost back in 3-4 months max and after that its all 100% FREE traffic for them.

is anyone here doing this? does google allow you to contact the advertisers in your adsense ads and offer to sell them the website? this just popped up in my mind out of the woodwork so not sure if it would work or if I am missing anything.

I would source a couple of products or a feed and try to verify those numbers- if you can, that site would be worth far more than that to a potential buyer ;)

yeah, try selling some products yourself to see how it goes. I went through this with one of my sites, gets good regular organic traffic related to a specific niche, so I tried selling related products and it just wasn't worth the hassle. Maybe I didn't do it long enough, didn't find the right product, who knows, I decided to leave Adsense running and work on other sites.

Just work upon your interest if you can sell it and create a new one strong like this you must go ahead and flip it but if you cant i would strongly suggest that you continue on this and try to increase the traffic a bit. If you are ok with adsense then keep it adsense is really high paying network or if you can want to monetize more so get some products from clickbnk or some where and put it. Lets see what happen ;)

thanks for the advice all.
Here are some more facts on the case. The keyword I'm targeting has a CPC of $0.5 per click. So my idea was based on the assumption that for someone who is paying $6k for 10-12k visitors, $8k for a lifetime of FREE traffic shouldn't be unreasonable.

also no, i could set up a store or something, but I need money like $10k fast.

The CPC is pretty low, but your traffic is good. However, you can't really make a sales pitch based on a lifetime of traffic. I would base it off of 1-2 years, determine how much they would save over 2 years by purchasing the site outright. You can't guarantee that your rankings will remain the same forever.

I wish some of the sites I advertise on would come to me asking to buy.