Is it possible to apply for an affiliate account before creating a site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skylark

Trying to make some moves
Nov 15, 2006
Toronto
Wad up WF?

Quick question, I'd like to jump into the AM game and wanted to know if affiliate networks let you sign up before you've actually built a site covering one of their product niches?

I'm not sure of the process/requirements involved to join an AM network.

Generally not a problem, especially with the American networks. It seems to be the UK ones...yes, I'm looking at you Tradedoubler!

I've applied to all of my affiliate networks this way. I always promote offers with a bespoke site and I can't make the site if I can't get the offer ;)

I email them to explain this when I'm signing up and they generally seem fine about it

Copeac were very friendly when I applied with them. Why don't you give them a try?

(cheeky bit: if you do, can you use my referral link? I haven't got a single referral! http://affiliates.copeac.com/signup/2237 )

Copeac didn't seem to care, I told them I'd promote with PPC anyway. CPAempire sent me a mail telling me some random test blog of mine I submitted with (barely any content, few visitors, enough to get me into adsense tho) wouldn't receive enough hits/month, I sent them a mail and never heard back. Maxbounty didn't seem to care too much about the site and let me in. Those are the only ones I've tried so far. I think you could probably just make a blogger blog about a random niche and copy/paste some artices from an article site and most networks would let you in.

Azoogle asks a lot of questions and they do a short phone interview but this is probably because they try to assign you an appropriate AM based on what kind of promoting you plan to do.

Great info guys! I'm glad to hear I won't have a problem signing up with most of them out there.

Thanks a lot!

Hey take a second and check out my programs. Neither require you to have a site prior to signing up and it is free. MN offers free templates you can use for all products or you can have them build you a custom template for free.

Azoogle asks a lot of questions and they do a short phone interview but this is probably because they try to assign you an appropriate AM based on what kind of promoting you plan to do.

Is this new? Because I never got called. I just submitted a site.

Strange I signed up for Azoogle last week just using a generic blog site I've got that mostly my wife posts to. I told them that I'd be doing search, as well as building unique sites per offer for organic traffic as well. And I got signed up no problem, and never talked to anyone on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.