Is having a good quailty score pointless in the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erifdekciw

May 3, 2008
I have a 9/10 on a bunch of my keywords and went from paying 3$ a click down to about 1.40$, was doing great was 1-5 on the ad positions with that and all of a sudden i start to see my ad position drop and i never touched the pricing again after 2 weeks. i left it at 1.80$ max or something and never touched it.

average price per click is like 1.40$ yet im slowly dropping down in position and see my ad on the front page at like the 6th position one second then the 2nd page the next and adwords tells me my average position is 2-3.

Anyone know how to solve this? Worked my butt off to get that down to under 1.50$ a click and now its all pointless because its starting to drift lower and lower down the ranks.

Your personal search is probably influenced by the "customized based on recent search activity" bullshit by google. The ad preview is most likely what a new searcher will see, but not after they do a few similar searches for similar keywords.

godfadda is correct - adwords will start cycling to try and show you new ads in hopes that you'll click.

You've seen your ads before and haven't clicked on them - so why keep displaying them to you in top positions?

Having a good quality score is a good thing, but hardly the only thing.

Your competition are obviously increasing their bids to compete with you, just be happy knowing you probrably pay less then them.

Status
Not open for further replies.