Is CB the best affiliate site through which to sell an ebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalhead

Feb 7, 2009
Say you write an ebook and want to get some affiliate marketers to help you sell it. Is clickbank the best affiliate program to go through? I read somewhere they're the best for ebook products, and they don't have the requirements like "$50k in monthly sale minimum" that some other places have.

Will the affiliate program help you set up your sales code and everything? I could write a landing page myself but i don't know how to set up the payment shit so i get my money and the affiliate gets their commish.

Also is there any way to protect it so they can't FWD the ebook or the link to their friends?

sorry i couldn't find a better sub forum than this one.

Hey Man,

CB does ebooks well.

The only other site I'd spin any time researching

for ebook selling is ==> Digital Ebook Mine.

I think their affiliate program is a little stronger than CB.

Good Luck

The problem with CB is all the leaches grabbing commission.
For every 1 good affiliate that actually drives traffic to your site, you'll have 10 with ads like "Is Product_Name a Scam? Read this before spending your money." And they'll target your domain name, product name, author's name.

Not only will you be giving away a shitload of your money to those fucks, it will also lower your overall conversion rate.

Some of them, don't even bother with landing pages. They use frames to get people directly to your site. So instead of seeing some "report" that explains that your product is not a scam, but a good deal, people are simply driven back to your site.

So imagine, someone searching for your domain name (been to your site before, pretty much ready to order), sees an "Is this a scam..." ad which leads back to your site straight away.
Now, they are confused. And decide not to buy.

I pulled my ebooks off of CB for that reason.

CB affiliates are great for big niches, but if you target something small, all you'll have are a bunch of fucking leaches stealing from you and lowering your conversion at the same time.

CB affiliates are great for big niches, but if you target something small, all you'll have are a bunch of fucking leaches stealing from you and lowering your conversion at the same time.

Who would you recommend instead then?

If your book isn't shit, you've actually bothered to spend some time spell and grammar checking, done some decent formats and layouts, then try something like LuLu, where you can have it turned into a REAL book on REAL paper and even potentially sold in REAL retail stores.

Down side is that there isn't an affiliate program as such.

you've actually bothered to spend some time spell and grammar checking,

lol. I know what you mean. But yes all my stuff would be spell checked and grammar edited (http://www.wickedfire.com/sell-buy-...rtified-grammar-nazi-professional-editor.html)

done some decent formats and layouts, then try something like LuLu, where you can have it turned into a REAL book on REAL paper and even potentially sold in REAL retail stores.

Down side is that there isn't an affiliate program as such.

Hmm I will look into that. Does Lulu get a lot of advertising?

Lulu is obviously not a high end publishing house. Still, they have some decent titles. Check the ones which make it to the most popular (they have either that or something similar) list, that will give you an idea.
Price competitively, especially if it is your first book. Within the book, you can recommend products you think which will be helpful to your readers (and use your affiliate links for that); and thus, make up for the loss of profit margin.

With so many products in CB, it takes time to find the really 'good' stuff there and most of the products are dead in CB (the good stuff override the not so good stuff). Lulu is much better if you are looking for great stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.