ipod touch 2g firmware 2.2 crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahh thansk man! i was wondering where the dev-team site was!

only reason was cause of the infamous youtube vids. there was like 100+ comments stating it worked, i guess only for 1.2 firmware

ahh thansk man! i was wondering where the dev-team site was!

only reason was cause of the infamous youtube vids. there was like 100+ comments stating it worked, i guess only for 1.2 firmware

Course if thats what they said, then you know it's fake, because the 2nd gen never shipped with anything lower than 2.1.1 (also it seems some folks don't know what a 2nd gen is, they just think it's a ipod with firmware 2.0+ on it, as such a false positive).

Simply put, until the iPhone dev team gets back to it (which they won't til they finalized the unlocking of the iphone 3G), the 2nd gen cannot be jailbroken, nor has had ever had a firmware capable of jailbreaking.

There was ZiPhone for the older iPhones and iPod Touches that still had firmware 1.1.4 and below on them, then QuickPwn/PwnageTool is for the iPod Touch(1st gen only), iPhone and iPhone 3G with firmware 2.* on them.

Attempting to use QuickPwn or another on the 2nd gen can usually be recovered by restoring it with iTunes... however trying to use ZiPhone (which is definitely not intended for a 2.* firmware device), could potentially brick it.

Status
Not open for further replies.