Ipod or Zune?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukinari84

Dec 9, 2007
i have Nano, but i'm thinking of getting a Ipod video. but then i saw the Zune, and now i dunno...which is better? any feedback is greatly appreciated.

i've been wondering the same thing. One friend of mine has the touch screen ipod and the other has the zune, both seem really cool. But apparently microsoft did the typical 360 bullshit and made the zune only play wmv. But I guess the ipod using the .ipod crap isn't much better. Until I figure out what i want i'm still rockin with the PDA.

made the zune only play wmv

Not true. The Zune plays MP3s.

Pickup a cheap refurb 30GB zune... I got one from woot, great deal for price considering the new zune 2 firmware is compatible with the older zunes.

I've had both iPod and Zune; the player I like most is my current, the Insignia Pilot Player. Insignia is the Best Buy brand. It's lightweight, plays all sorts of media formats audio + video (mp3, mp4, wma, wmv, jpg, mpg, etc) has blue tooth, etc. 24 hour battery life. Also the most intuitive menu in my opinion.

Not true. The Zune plays MP3s.

Pickup a cheap refurb 30GB zune... I got one from woot, great deal for price considering the new zune 2 firmware is compatible with the older zunes.

wmv is a video format not audio.

where do I enter my zip to vote?

Link sent.

Haha.

I use an iPod for the same reason I use Windowz - more third party cool stuff available. Windowz does what I need for an OS and the iPod does what I need for an mp3 player.

It may look like it on the surface, but in reality I am not going with the mainstream. All those people that rebel against MS and the iPod because they're too mainstream aren't rebelling enough for my tastes. I'm such a rebel that I've come full circle all the way back around to where I'm rebelling against the rebellers. Now that's a fucking rebel!

Or whatever. :rasta:

i 've just got the ipod touch, love it. ppl compliant about the small HD..but who care, you won't listen to 70% of those song that sit in your ipod anyway

i always use creative's product (zen nomad -> zen touch -> zen vison m). Their sound quality is better than ipod and it is always cheaper. but the program is horrible and now it use Windows media player to sync. I can't get it work, that's why i move to ipod (itune sucks too, it lacks really bad when i use it, but it is better than WM)

i 've just got the ipod touch, love it. ppl compliant about the small HD..but who care, you won't listen to 70% of those song that sit in your ipod anyway

i always use creative's product (zen nomad -> zen touch -> zen vison m). Their sound quality is better than ipod and it is always cheaper. but the program is horrible and now it use Windows media player to sync. I can't get it work, that's why i move to ipod (itune sucks too, it lacks really bad when i use it, but it is better than WM)

I'm using around 12 GB's of pure music so far, and I disagree. Its always good knowing that you can listen to any of your favorite songs, and that you aren't limited on space.

Can someone please explain to me why you would want an iPod touch and not just get an iPhone? (other than the obvious reason - AT&T as a carrier)

Status
Not open for further replies.